GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

dash swap out for a different type

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete h
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Pete h

dash swap out for a different type Empty
PostSubject: dash swap out for a different type   dash swap out for a different type Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:23 am

Hi Guys. Doing a bit of a custom work on my '07 1100 GRiSO and want to change the whole dash panel for a smaller , more compact Acewell unit. The only problem it seems , is that part of the immobilzer system is in the original dash and that needs to be overcome . It obviously can be sorted because there are custom GRiSO's out there with different instruments on. Can anyone help me with that or refer me to someone who can please. Many thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.siderockcycles.com
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: dash swap out for a different type   dash swap out for a different type Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:19 pm

There are threads already here on this e.g. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].....but I think the long & short is that the immobiliser functionality doesn't use any (known) comms protocols so is hard to remove existing cluster...vaguely remember that Evans stuck the OEM cluster in rear binnacle to allow an alternative up front

Others will remember better than me !

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: dash swap out for a different type   dash swap out for a different type Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:58 pm

The engine will start without the stock dash connected. If there's no stock dash, there's no immobiliser.

But....the ambient pressure sensor is in the dash. Without it connected, it defaults to 1013 mBar, so if you go up to high altitudes, it *might* run a wee bit lean. Maybe. I've yet to try it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

Bulldog9 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete h
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Pete h

PostSubject: Re: dash swap out for a different type   dash swap out for a different type Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:33 am

Ok great , thanks for the info . Here's where we're at presently. Dash swap plus more
Back to top Go down
https://www.siderockcycles.com
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: dash swap out for a different type   dash swap out for a different type Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:22 pm

Pete h wrote:
Here's where we're at presently.  Dash swap plus more

Wow... Surprised  I am impressed. It seems from your pictures that the dash swap is a relatively minor detail...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: dash swap out for a different type   dash swap out for a different type Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:44 pm

Don't do FB so only saw the first pic. Lovely frame colour!

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dash swap out for a different type   dash swap out for a different type Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

dash swap out for a different type
Page 1 of 1