GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Sump spacer gasket swap

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

Sump spacer gasket swap - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sump spacer gasket swap   Sump spacer gasket swap - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:16 pm

JohnA wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pete,
One more sorry. When I take the condensate return pipe loose, shown here. I presume I loosen the connection on the left and leave the "nipple" coming out of the back of the sump in place? Also, is there some type of seal that  will need to replace in between? I've ordered new gaskets for the headers (at both ends) and new bolts and washers for the header flanges and of course the two sump gaskets. I hate getting into something only to find out I need another part. Many thanks again.

I am sure Pete will be along to answer your questions in detail but In the mean time I just got around to doing this job on the Stelvio on Saturday. Yes you just undo the nut and leave the nipple, it is a compression fit, you don’t need any seal.

My gasket was in perfect condition at 62k km but nice for peace of mind to have it done, wouldn’t want it blowing on a long holiday trip (not much fear of that this year).

I will do the same job on the GRiSO when she is due her next oil change.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Sump spacer gasket swap   Sump spacer gasket swap - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:17 pm

Correct.

The fitting flange has two small o-rings that seal the Pipe where it enters. They're Viton and usually don't need replacing but if you want to be certain? Buy them.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Sump spacer gasket swap   Sump spacer gasket swap - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:09 am

Many thanks Guzzi Cat and Pete.
Back to top Go down
tsheep2
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
tsheep2

PostSubject: Re: Sump spacer gasket swap   Sump spacer gasket swap - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:21 am

can anyone give me a torque setting for the sump bolts? I've looked through the manual and can't find a setting.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Sump spacer gasket swap   Sump spacer gasket swap - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:57 am

Someone posted 10 NM just recently but I can't find it - here's the manual section with those bolts

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

tsheep2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Sump spacer gasket swap
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: