GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Oh My, a racket inside.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

Oh My, a racket inside. Empty
PostSubject: Oh My, a racket inside.   Oh My, a racket inside. Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:01 pm

On a Tall GRiSO, while backing off throttle it sounds real loud like the flywheel ring gear rubbing on a tire. Noise is font side of trans, so, try to catch it before damage is done. I figure it will be a clutch seen as I have fixed them coming apart and not a 6 speed yet.
This Stelvio goes like stink and he rides it to the max, 40K mi. Not what the owner needed to happen but it is a service time for his bike before he goes to Canada again.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Oh My, a racket inside.   Oh My, a racket inside. Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:23 pm

Something made this gouge
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Only shiny part is 2 springs been moving on the friction disk. I suspect they were going to come out like the last one
Rod been off center just like last one too
Didn't see any other damage

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Oh My, a racket inside.   Oh My, a racket inside. Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:31 pm

I suspect you are right. We went through this on WG with the bloke who's name eludes me from BC in Canada. He replaced the case but in hindsight it wasn't probably necessary. What year is this POS? Not a '12 is it?
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Oh My, a racket inside.   Oh My, a racket inside. Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:56 pm

An 11. Can't find the oring for clutch slave, WTF is with that? Seems I got one before.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Oh My, a racket inside.   Oh My, a racket inside. Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:57 pm

They don't seem to list them separately! I use one a trifle smaller and thicker and stretch it into place with a thin smear of threebond on the mating surfaces. It's not *Right* but it works and I haven't been able to find the correct o-ring and we're a metric country! Irritating.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Oh My, a racket inside.   Oh My, a racket inside. Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:28 am

Pete Roper wrote:
I haven't been able to find the correct o-ring and we're a metric country! Irritating.

Tell me about it.

Mad

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Oh My, a racket inside.   Oh My, a racket inside. Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:48 am

I'll just reuse it w/some oring lube(MolyKote 55) that makes it swell and 3 bond.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh My, a racket inside.   Oh My, a racket inside. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Oh My, a racket inside.
Page 1 of 1