GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New to GRiSO

Go down 
+13
BowraBoy
Pete Roper
Dilliw
BigTime
sideshowbob
Street
Groovitz
Frstrtdmac
Oz1200Guzzi
LBC Tenni
Clancy
beetle
Erivera
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PilotJet
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PilotJet

New to GRiSO - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to GRiSO   New to GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:07 am

From the first picture you posted of the leak, it appears that two of the cooling fins on the jug are pretty wet. The oil splatter looks exactly like the splatter I had when those tiny little grub screws in between the cylinder fins were leaking. It would get pretty heavy like that on long rides. It was only the ones on the right side that were leaking. There are 2 of them, one up by the exhaust port and one to the rear of the spark plug port .. both located between the same two cooling fins. Tiny little long allen socket was needed. We removed them, gooped them with some sealent and carefully re-installed them (it was a little tricky). Not a drip since then. May not be the issue, but worth a look.

Erivera likes this post

Back to top Go down
BetoMx
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
BetoMx

PostSubject: Re: New to GRiSO   New to GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:21 pm

Groovitz wrote:
Exhaust is Leo Vince LV-10. It's for a Kawasaki Z900, but I modified it to fit the GRiSO (stretched the inlet 1.5cm).[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How does that sound? can you upload a video? just trying to compare against Mistral / Mass / Zard... Thanks
Back to top Go down
Erivera
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Erivera

PostSubject: Re: New to GRiSO   New to GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:23 am

Thanks a lot everyone for chiming in and most recently Bowraboy and Pilot Jet. I looked and cleaned and agree it is mainly on the 2 cooling fins. I am way over my head here since i never worked on my bikes this extensively before so I dropped it off yesterday at an independent mechanic who can hopefully work on it within 1 week (used him before for my BMW and Ducati). The dealer 40 miles away is 4 weeks out and another Italian bike independent mechanic is 6 weeks out. I will definitely share everyone’s thoughts and hopefully it is nothing major. Hopefully I get it back soon. I have taken more pictures and thanks Pete for pointing out that I was looking at the wrong areas. Much appreciated everyone.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://servimg.com/view/20235119/9]
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: New to GRiSO   New to GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:27 am

[quote="Groovitz"]Razz [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Thats a nice farkle you have added, looks expensive, possibly high maintenance, but very nice.
Back to top Go down
Erivera
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Erivera

PostSubject: Re: New to GRiSO   New to GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:57 pm

Just an update on the oil leak on my new-to-me 2013 GRiSO. Again thank you everyone for the tips.

I looked at what Pilot Jet alluded to and removed the first of the 2 grub screws. The one by the exhaust port was easier to remove - put some sealant and there was a decrease in the oil leak. The second one further in was more difficult to remove and put back in. We thought we will not be able to put it back in. After that, the leak is gone - so far. 75 miles so far and no leak. Hopefully that was it. I was hoping to get spare screws and called AF1 and sent them a picture and they could not seem to find it in the parts catalogue. Anyone knows what it is called or part number. Looked at the catalogue myself and could not be sure which one it is.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also, what is “beetle map”? What does it do to the bike? How d i know my bike has it?

Again, thank you everyone!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: New to GRiSO   New to GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:04 pm

The set secrets are not sold separately but they are a standard metric thread. Available from any half way decent bearing factor or bolt shop.

Erivera likes this post

Back to top Go down
Erivera
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Erivera

PostSubject: Re: New to GRiSO   New to GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:26 pm

Thanks Pete. Set secrets? Probably autocorrect? I am guessing set screws?? We had a hard time fitting the inner screw in between the fins that I am not sure I can easily find those. I will start looking though. AF1 is still researching it and will let me know hopefully this week.

How about the beetle map? What is it, what does it do and if recommended, how do I get it?

Thanks again and take care everyone.
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: New to GRiSO   New to GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:19 pm

Beatle is a member here. He has written several fueling maps for the GRiSO generally based on which exhaust you have.

For stock bikes his map will significantly improve performance under 3k, will smooth out the entire rev range and will improve fuel economy. Basically it's a fueling map written by a fellow rider who put a lot of thought into every riding scenario vs what was needed to pass an emmissions test.

Erivera likes this post

Back to top Go down
Erivera
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Erivera

PostSubject: Re: New to GRiSO   New to GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:22 pm

Thanks for the explanation Dilliw . I will PM him then to see what I need to do and how to get it. My bike is completely stock.
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: New to GRiSO   New to GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:46 pm

My bike is stock and the improvement, especially in lower rpms, is more than worth the price.

I highly recommend you also replace the stock spark plug caps as well. Its $20 and an hour but eliminates a known weakness.

Also search for Pete's how to on greasing the shock linkage. Another known weakness that you can eliminate.

Then just ride!

Erivera likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: New to GRiSO   New to GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:11 pm

Erivera wrote:
Thanks Pete.  Set secrets? Probably autocorrect? I am guessing set screws?? We had a hard time fitting the inner screw in between the fins that I am not sure I can easily find those.  I will start looking though. AF1 is still researching it and will let me know hopefully this week.

How about the beetle map? What is it, what does it do and if recommended, how do I get it?

Thanks again and take care everyone.

Sorry, yup, auto correct. As surmised, set screws.
Back to top Go down
PilotJet
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PilotJet

PostSubject: Re: New to GRiSO   New to GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:17 am

Good Deal with fixing the leak. Hopefully, you'll never need to touch those screws again. Mine started leaking at brand new ... 120 miles. Its got 9k now and hasnt leaked a drop since.
Back to top Go down
scagliog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
scagliog

PostSubject: Re: New to GRiSO   New to GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:51 pm

Hello!, Happy you fixed the oil leak -- I was following it closely!
I have a 2017 GRiSO. Where are you in North Cal?? I am in Granite Bay CA... ~ 40 miles from the Guzzi dealer. I have started doing the maintenance my self -- not too bad, and have a few mods on my GRiSO , Agostini HF exhaust , beetle Map, new Matris suspention, Gear shift indicator.. a few more..

Erivera and Groovitz like this post

Back to top Go down
Erivera
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Erivera

PostSubject: Re: New to GRiSO   New to GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:01 pm

Hi Sagliog, I am not to far from you. I am here in Rocklin. I would love to see your bike and see your modifications. I was thinking of putting some Darla Clearwater lights - takeoffs from the bike that i just sold. I will send you a PM.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: New to GRiSO   New to GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:46 am

My Buddy Don is in Loomis, has a Stelvio, had a GRiSO but sold it for some reason...

Do you guys know Willie and Raphael? My favorite Nor Cal Guzzi guys!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Erivera
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Erivera

PostSubject: Re: New to GRiSO   New to GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:07 pm

Hi Steak,
Being new to Guzzi, I have not actually met anyone with one. I am looking forward to meeting owners, chat, spread goodwill and learn more from them. Loomis is just next small town over.
Take care.
Ernesto
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to GRiSO   New to GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New to GRiSO
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2