GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva

Go down 
+8
PilotJet
alanlemansiv
kiwi dave
sideshowbob
bahamazoo
moto
beetle
Oz1200Guzzi
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Empty
PostSubject: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:15 am

Does anyone know of a circuit diagram of the dash for a Sport? My heated handgrips went into fail mode (genuine items), were stuck on low and since I pulled the dash now don't work ata ll. I just want to replicate the control circuit through a home-brew thingy, I plan to build. I do have handguards so not totally dire...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:35 am

Doubtful one is available to the unwashed. It's one of those secret squirrel things.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:44 am

I've never seen one. The PCB has three or more layers of circuits. I took its first cousin, the dash for my GRiSO, into a very competent cell phone repair guy. Though the board looks complicated to me, he said it was simple and that he would be able to fix most problems almost certainly, and cheaply. You might look for a similar person near where you are, or maybe you are a similar person. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:23 pm

I could be a similar person, however my sight is not as it once was, even under a maglight. I am basically LAZY and I can build one fairly simply and fairly cheaply that will not fail. Heck I can't even be bothered taking the dash out again - n the Sport this is a Right Royal PITA, though I guess I'll have to. Thinking of making up a control unit similar to the Oxford type.
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:27 pm

that'd be my kludge... keep it separate of the dash broo
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:12 pm

A quick Google-fu brings up a PWM Motor Control Module for gravy $. Couple that with a pot to vary the output and viola - heated handgrips ride again. Anyone happen to know the wattage of the genuine ones (heated handgrips)?
Back to top Go down
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:36 pm

If you do take the dash out again be sure to put a conformal coating on it to protect it from further damage. But don't cover up the air pressure sensor.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:46 pm

Found this: PWM at a local Jaycar. I will obtain and build it forthwith.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:23 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Anyone happen to know the wattage of the genuine ones (heated handgrips)?

I obey Ohm's law. You should too.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:29 pm

Varys equals Idiosyncratic Rubbish. Stuff Ohm's law! I strenuously follow Thevenin's Theorems though (Current AND Voltage).
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:21 am

Ooh! You radical!

Very Happy Laughing

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:00 am

I prefer coles law, thinly sliced cabbage with dressing.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:09 pm

I fitted Oxford OF691 Premium Touring heated grips.

Draws 3.33 amps max @ 12.6V motor not running. Do your own math to determine ohms. Measuring cold with an ohm meter is pointless.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:44 am

Finally got to Jaycar today and picked up said controller kit - surprised that's it's small than I thought it would be. Bonus - still got room inside the fairing, but will think long and hard as to exact location...
Back to top Go down
alanlemansiv
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
alanlemansiv

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:25 am

Hmmmm when you do fit it up some photos and description of how it was done would be greatly appreciated for the few of us mere mortals who don't understand the the laws of smoke letting from boxes
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:05 pm

On my latest acquisition (a Indian FTR-1200S -wot a blast!), I've fitted Koso heated grips. These do not have a separate controller, but use a button on the LH grip, the button LED changes colour with each increment.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Best heated grips I've ever owned.
Back to top Go down
PilotJet
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PilotJet

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:48 pm

Oh Man, I So Love the look of that FTR-1200. What a Great Looking Machine and the power stats on that bike are very impressive! I'm saving my pennies for one. Sounds like you're Diggin It!
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:17 pm

Yep, I'm having a ball. My first non-Guzzi purchase in 25 years, it had to be good.
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:45 pm

I just fitted Oxford grips on my 1200 Sport, the controller fits nicely between the HB clamps. I have the same set on the Stornello. Work very well and have an intelligent controller that senses voltage and shuts down automatically if the voltage drops too low or the bike isn't running.

Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:31 pm

That looks very tidy, Bulldog9.  I may have to revise my set-up and copy you (with your permission, of course).

How is it mounted?  I can see a plate below the bars with a bolt at both ends.  Did you have to tap into something?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:33 pm

I fitted the factory heated grips to my GRiSO and use the Oxford controller. They are at best average. The reason I went for the factory grips is that they are appreciably smaller in diameter than the Oxford grips and I am really not a fan of 'Fat' grips.

I'd really like to find a system that works really well as my arthritic hands absolutely kill me in cold weather.

Oh, Bulldog, in case you were having thoughts about the longevity of a 2V 1200 Sport I've got an old customer, Tony's bike in today for an oil leak. It's now done 203,000km. We gave it a new camchain, rings, a head service, a clutch and swingarm bearings 30,000km ago. Apart from that he does all his own servicing and comes up every 50,000 or so to have the TB's balanced and the TPS re-set. That is more of a formality than anything else as they have never needed much of a tweak! You couldn't kill 'em with a shitty stick! cheers
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:08 pm

Tony from down the coast Pete? is he still on the original map? He and I caught up accidentally one day at Goulburn, and he was still running the original map then.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:27 pm

I don't think so but I'll have to ask, I can't remember if we mapped it or not. I'd be surprised if we didn't.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:36 pm

Pete Roper wrote:

I'd really like to find a system that works really well as my arthritic hands absolutely kill me in cold weather.

You might want to consider using heated glove liners. The ones I use heat front and back of the hands, plus have elements in the fingers. They are awesome worn under a pair of winter gauntlets.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:41 pm

I do have a Gerbings heated jacket and gauntlets that go with it but the elements have gone in the gloves, I think at the connector plugs. I probably just need to replace the plugs but haven't got round to it. I use them on the Mana. For the GRiSO I really like the idea of grips, it's just finding ones that are both hot and slender!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva   Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Dash Circuit Diagram for a Sport/Norge/Breva
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next