GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Shock install -- got my Matris!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
scagliog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
scagliog

Shock install -- got my Matris! Empty
PostSubject: Shock install -- got my Matris!   Shock install -- got my Matris! Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:36 pm

Happy like a kid at Christmas. The Matris K arrived! Now will do the swinging arm greasing as well... any pointers to good posts with the procedure? I do have the a lot of space in the garage, a way to lift the bike safely, I ordered the C hook wrench , and I usually do all the mechanical work on my Alfa Romeo Spider 82.. so  I should be OK Smile

Thanks,
Giuseppe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: Shock install -- got my Matris!   Shock install -- got my Matris! Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:22 pm

Have a look at these to get you familiar with the task;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Swing arm pin 60Nm. 44.25ft Lbs
Castellated nut 10Nm 7.4ft Lbs
Pinch nuts 10Nm 7.4ft Lbs
CARC final drive bolts 50Nm. 37ft Lbs
Control arm 50Nm. 37ft Lbs
Brake caliper 50Nm. 37ft Lbs
Rear wheel nuts 110 Nm. 81.15ft Lbs
Front wheel nut 80 Nm
Shock top bolt 50Nm 37ft Lbs
Dogbone 50Nm 37ft Lbs

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Shock install -- got my Matris!   Shock install -- got my Matris! Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:32 am

Here's my experience on greasing swingarm [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Doing swing arm at same time means you avoid the 'above & down versus below & up' options for installing the Matris as you will defacto be below & up..... Let us know your experience riding the Matris - I fitted same & needed several iterations of spring (came way to high rate for 76 kgs rider) to get to close to some comfort (I still think the damping is wrong); also gives you chance to jack up the rear end by maxing out the height adjustment.
Back to top Go down
scagliog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
scagliog

PostSubject: Re: Shock install -- got my Matris!   Shock install -- got my Matris! Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:17 am

Thanks everybody for the pointers.
Will probably start the job next week..
Giuseppe
Back to top Go down
scagliog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
scagliog

PostSubject: Re: Shock install -- got my Matris!   Shock install -- got my Matris! Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:15 pm

The shock is in. The procedure was in fact long but not too complicated . I had the hardest time re-routing the 2 vent tubes to the carbon canister when I put the swing arm back -- real pain in the...

My is a 2017, the swing-arm bearings had some grease.. not too bad, while the bushing for the shock were quite dry!

Did a 15 Miles quick drive -- it seems to be much better! Yet, I have to do a full 90 miles ride around my hills to really tell. Next will be the settings... I left it as it sent from Italy.  Will try to figure out if it is set correctly reading the various posts...

Thanks
Giuseppe [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Shock install -- got my Matris!   Shock install -- got my Matris! Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:04 pm

Nice job, Giuseppe!

Just curious about your set-up. I see the jack under the sump, but are you using the engine hoist just as a way to tie down the front, or did you actually lift the bike with it? Can't see any rigging. Just wondering - I'm kind of into picking shit up:

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
scagliog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
scagliog

PostSubject: Re: Shock install -- got my Matris!   Shock install -- got my Matris! Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:22 pm

Hey there! Both! I used the engine lifter to pull the front and as a safety, I also added straps on the sides since the engine hoist would not make it deep enough into the bike... Then I cranked up the back/engine with the jack.
I really dont know what I am doing with bikes -- this is the first time I lifted the beast -- I usually work on my 82 Alfa Romeo... I just did not want to buy any more sh... to do the job. It worked out quite well I think. I had to crank the engine hoist up.. then crank the jack up... regulating the front wheel pull down straps .. back and forth.. Oh I also used the Transmission jack you see on the side to hold the swing-arm ( I am a 1 man team since the teenager son is too busy with computer games Neutral ) that worked out great too... Basically I re-used all my car tools Smile cheers!!

SMTCapeCod and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shock install -- got my Matris!   Shock install -- got my Matris! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Shock install -- got my Matris!
Page 1 of 1