GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Cold Air Induction

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Azdave
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Azdave

Cold Air Induction Empty
PostSubject: Cold Air Induction   Cold Air Induction Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:52 pm

Has anyone done a K&N cold air induction system on their GRiSO. Mine is 2017 1200 SE but I imagine they are all close in design.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Cold Air Induction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Induction   Cold Air Induction Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:07 pm

Why? The air intake under the seat draws air in principally through the grilles in the tailpiece. It's not a particularly hot environment. The difference provided will be unnoticeable. I'd also advise strongly against any sort of labyrinth filter set up, (Such as K&N.) as they do nothing apart from wear your engine out quicker.
Back to top Go down
Azdave
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Azdave

Cold Air Induction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Induction   Cold Air Induction Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:15 pm

I live in AZ we have been extremely hot I put one on my Victory and it ran cooler
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Cold Air Induction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Induction   Cold Air Induction Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:32 pm

How cool the engine runs has nothing really to do with the temperature of the incoming charge. It's ability to shed heat and the AFR are going to be the major contributors. Hot air is less dense, therefore the ecu will trim out fuel to keep the AFR where it should be. Sure the engine will run hotter in hot weather because of the differential between the cooling media, (Air and oil.) and the great lump of metal thet is trying to be cooled. Throw in the factors of fin area, cooler size, speed of travel and engine speed and there are a lot of variables but while in certain circumstances the motor will throw out a lot of waste heat it is engineered to take it without issue. It may be uncomfortable for the pilot but it won't hurt the engine.

I know Arizona is hot in summer, believe me Oz is scarcely frigid! Laughing I've had to idle through slow traffic in 40+ degree heat regularly in Canberra. Been doing it for twelve years on my old lump. Never an issue.

Swapping to a well built open loop map will help a bit. I suggest you read up on Beetle's offerings and ask others here as to the efficacy of his products.
Back to top Go down
Azdave
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Azdave

Cold Air Induction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Induction   Cold Air Induction Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:27 pm

Still want to try and set up a cold air induction system. I think I can move the air box and mess around and get it looking pretty trick and get more air
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Cold Air Induction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Induction   Cold Air Induction Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:26 pm

Where are you going to move the airbox to? Serious question. space is at an absolute premium on the GRiSO platform.
Back to top Go down
Azdave
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Azdave

Cold Air Induction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Induction   Cold Air Induction Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:44 pm

I saw a cafe racer build out and they pulled it off. Going to try and follow their build. Also going to see if I can use their seat and fender design
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

Cold Air Induction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Induction   Cold Air Induction Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Azdave likes this post

Back to top Go down
usedtobefast
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
usedtobefast

Cold Air Induction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Induction   Cold Air Induction Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:53 am

Interesting, never heard of this.

At first I was thinking it meant you put something on the bike to actually produce cold air ... like a tiny air conditioner system. But then looking at K&N info, mostly for cars, it just seems like a K&N filter and a long plastic tube ... not sure how the Marketing department turned that into "cold air induction".

So is it really about air temp? Or is it about more air flow?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cold Air Induction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Induction   Cold Air Induction Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Cold Air Induction
Page 1 of 1