GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Clutch microswitch

Go down 
+2
MalG
JohnA
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Clutch microswitch Empty
PostSubject: Clutch microswitch   Clutch microswitch Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:01 am

Folks,

Please excuse my ignorance (again). I'd like to understand the function of the clutch micro-switch. And does it need to engaged all the way to perform its function properly? Reason I ask..........I changed my clutch fluid and was looking at the switch and how the "plunger" engages it. When the clutch lever is set at #1 (all the way out), it engages the switch all the way in when the lever is pulled completely. When it's set on #4, it engages it only about 1/2 way when the clutch lever is pulled all the way.

Many thanks,
John
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

Clutch microswitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch microswitch   Clutch microswitch Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:30 pm

On the V7C, the clutch micro switch is there to prevent ignition if one forgets to pull the clutch in when starting. You guys don't have that bug/feature.
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

Clutch microswitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch microswitch   Clutch microswitch Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:55 pm

2 functions I know of. 1 is for start up and having to pull the clutch in to start, the other is to give a slight bump in RPM as you release the clutch to help prevent stalling. At least on my 1100 GRiSO and 1200Sport.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Clutch microswitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch microswitch   Clutch microswitch Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:28 pm

Bulldog9 wrote:
2 functions I know of. .............. the other is to give a slight bump in RPM as you release the clutch to help prevent stalling.
OMG really wtf like Guzzi riders can't avoid stalling without help from a 14 year old code writer in his darkened bedroom??
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

Clutch microswitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch microswitch   Clutch microswitch Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:24 pm

lcjohnny wrote:
Bulldog9 wrote:
2 functions I know of. .............. the other is to give a slight bump in RPM as you release the clutch to help prevent stalling.
OMG really wtf like Guzzi riders can't avoid stalling without help from a 14 year old code writer in his darkened bedroom??

Pretty typical with all FI vehicles, nothing to do with Guzzi
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Clutch microswitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch microswitch   Clutch microswitch Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:41 am

Mal and BD9,
Many thanks. That was helpful.
Back to top Go down
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

Clutch microswitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch microswitch   Clutch microswitch Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:46 am

Bike will start in gear with the clutch lever pulled and side stand down but kills engine if the clutch is then released with the stand still down.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Clutch microswitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch microswitch   Clutch microswitch Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:32 am

eeyore, thank you. Forgot about that stuff........
I was also wondering how much the switch needs to be engaged but I can figure that out on my own.
Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Patlikestolean
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Patlikestolean

Clutch microswitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch microswitch   Clutch microswitch Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:11 pm

IIRC Guzzidiag will tell you if your clutch is engaged/ disengaged. You could hook it up and play with the lever to determine at what point the switch is triggered.

beetle likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clutch microswitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch microswitch   Clutch microswitch Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Clutch microswitch
Page 1 of 1