GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

brake speed bleeder replacement

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

brake speed bleeder replacement Empty
PostSubject: brake speed bleeder replacement   brake speed bleeder replacement Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:25 pm

Last week I changed my clutch and brake fluid. I’ve got a leak in the front right speed bleeder. So I’ve ordered a couple of new bleeders (SB6100). In changing it out, my riding buddies say if I go fast that I don’t have to drain the system and can just replace it. Looking for a second opinion.
Thank you,
John
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: brake speed bleeder replacement   brake speed bleeder replacement Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:07 am

Hi John, yep. I think your buddy is correct.

If you're not leaving the system open to the atmosphere for an extended period you should be fine.
Replace bleeder(s) and bleed brakes as normal, get the air out. The main concern is the brake fluid absorbing moisture while opened up.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: brake speed bleeder replacement   brake speed bleeder replacement Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:40 am

Thank you Ratso88. I appreciate the reply. I lived in your neck of the woods (Zionsville) for about 15 years 1993-2008. Indy is a really nice city.
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: brake speed bleeder replacement   brake speed bleeder replacement Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:16 am

Yep. And I was down in southern Tennessee earlier this year, about as far south and east as I’ve ever been. Humidity there is a bit more than Indy, could have been the time of year and the thunder storm I rode through to get there. Nice roads though, a guy appreciates new asphalt.

Hope the brakes are good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: brake speed bleeder replacement   brake speed bleeder replacement Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

brake speed bleeder replacement
Page 1 of 1