GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Corbin seat advice

Go down 
+7
motoman
JohnA
AH Head
Dave R
Street
bigbikerrick
guzziownr
11 posters
AuthorMessage
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Corbin seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Corbin seat advice   Corbin seat advice Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:32 am

I am reacquiring my '07 GRiSO and I plan to order a new Corbin seat (unless one of you want to sell me yours!). For those with experience, are there any choices I should/should not make when I pick materials? I plan to go with basic black with red piping and I want the most durable and waterproof selections.

TIA, Dave in NYC-ish[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by guzziownr on Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigbikerrick
Carlotto
Carlotto
bigbikerrick

Corbin seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin seat advice   Corbin seat advice Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:13 pm

The GRiSO is the sexiest bike Guzzi makes IMHO. The oem seat has always been a detractor to my eye, especially the part that sticks up for the passenger pillon. It just does not match the flowing lines of the GRiSO's tailpiece.
Any Corbin is a 100% improvement over stock. I have one done in  black ostrich leather and love it. It is very comfortable,and fits the bike perfectly.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

JohnA likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Corbin seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin seat advice   Corbin seat advice Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:31 pm

Wet leather = soggy bottom. Go with vinyl, I say.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

JohnA likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Dave R
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave R

Corbin seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin seat advice   Corbin seat advice Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:54 pm

Or you could always do what I did - buy a new original seat & have it made exactly as you want.  Mine is full Alcantara - came in about half the price of a Corbin

Oz1200Guzzi, JohnA and Edown101-23 like this post

Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Corbin seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin seat advice   Corbin seat advice Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:29 am

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
AH Head
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
AH Head

Corbin seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin seat advice   Corbin seat advice Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:11 pm

Let me know how you make out with your seat build with Corbin.
At this point they gave me the impression that you will buy what they have or nothing?? Shocked (West coast shop)

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Corbin seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin seat advice   Corbin seat advice Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:18 am

I’m about to jump in too, although the $600 seems like a lot. They are surely making a healthy profit on that. Reminds me of my $800 parabellum scout fairing.... I’ll be glad once I have it.
Back to top Go down
Dave R
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave R

Corbin seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin seat advice   Corbin seat advice Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:17 am

$600 ? Corbin Europe wants £740 (not far off $1000). That's why I had mine made for me.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Corbin seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin seat advice   Corbin seat advice Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:56 am

My order has the seat raised two inches at no extra charge. Ten years ago a fellow from GB ordered one and had it shipped to me in NYC. I then sent it on to him in London, saving several hundred dollars.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Corbin seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin seat advice   Corbin seat advice Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:37 am

I ended up ordering one like BBR from AZ above. Thought it looked awesome with the black ostrich leather on the sides and tail. Thanks BBR! Hope I’m still as jazzed when when it shows up and I see it for real. $635 including shipping and the special leather cream (snake oil). I can always put the old one on if I plan to be in the rain.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Corbin seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin seat advice   Corbin seat advice Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:15 pm

Hah, I stuck with vinyl all around. Friday can't come too soon!

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Corbin seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin seat advice   Corbin seat advice Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:19 am

Got my new corbin yesterday. Many thanks to whomever figured out you need to add a washer to get it to lock properly! Will add a picture shortly. It's pretty hard but they say you need a 2,000 mile break in.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Corbin seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin seat advice   Corbin seat advice Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:35 am

I was impressed that mine latched properly first time.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

JohnA likes this post

Back to top Go down
motoman
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
motoman

Corbin seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin seat advice   Corbin seat advice Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:10 pm

I pretty much went with the same seat in the first pic...

My GRiSO is red, so the red piping sets it off nicely...

The back, non-seating part is called 'Asphalt'.

I will say the seat is pretty wide, so if you need a narrower seat to straddle, you better tell Corbin to make that change.
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

Corbin seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin seat advice   Corbin seat advice Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:50 am

I got a Corbin made for my GRiSO in all black leather. I love it! After break-in it is extremely comfortable and feels great. Here is a pic I took while still at the Corbin factory in Hollister.

JohnA and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

Corbin seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin seat advice   Corbin seat advice Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:38 pm

Dagnabit, butt bucket got here before the bike!
Called Corbin to ask about a minor modification to the standard pattern. I was hoping to get a very small patch or stripe in a different material.  No go.  Of course, the person helping me didn't seem all that sharp- he was talking up a carbon fiber pattern material that they use for a lot of the seating surfaces.  I had done a lot of due diligence on materials before placing this call, and read that for particular product line, a veneer (the pattern) is bonded on top of leather.  
I had already decided I wanted a leather seating surface so this was a no go.  The customer service person kept saying that the pattern was 'pressed in' until I lead him click by click to the actual language on their own website.
Other niggle is that I told them I wanted to the tricolor exactly as pictured in their product picture online.  Fail on that, but it's good enough.  I chose to get the Corbin logo 'subdued', in black.  The vinyl piping is 'Oxblood'. I had considered going 'Bomber Black' on seating surface, but they were adamant about variability in the actual color saturation/darkness. Also opted for standard vinyl sides instead of asphalt, thinking the former might be easier to clean.
Bike should be here around Valentine's Day, so that'll be nice..[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Couple minor manufacturing imperfections.  Leather has a nice hand, and hand pressure shows much more deflection/cushion than the one on my Victory.  Looking forward to getting up on two on it.

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hyde73
Carlotto
Carlotto
Hyde73

Corbin seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin seat advice   Corbin seat advice Icon_minitime1Thu May 20, 2021 3:11 pm

Any tips for removing this from the stock seat to transfer to the Corbin? '[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

Corbin seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin seat advice   Corbin seat advice Icon_minitime1Thu May 20, 2021 4:29 pm

Hm.  It looks like there might be flats machined in right under the cone?
They were at the base on my '14, fit to 12mm open end.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Hyde73
Carlotto
Carlotto
Hyde73

Corbin seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin seat advice   Corbin seat advice Icon_minitime1Thu May 20, 2021 7:08 pm

The pin just spins. The Corbin site says the seat is supposed to come w/ hardware and integrate w/ the lock. I’d like to keep the stock seat for 2up riding, so I don’t want to rip this one out. In the event Corbin doesn’t have an accurate description, anyone know of a generic pin lock that will work? I see some online for Triumphs.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Corbin seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin seat advice   Corbin seat advice Icon_minitime1Fri May 21, 2021 4:07 am

My Corbin came with that piece on it. I had to take it off to put a washer under it to make it lock. Your seat should have come with it. The OEM one should unscrew like previously mentioned. Try and put pressure upwards while unscrewing (you probably did that already)
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

Corbin seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin seat advice   Corbin seat advice Icon_minitime1Fri May 21, 2021 4:33 am

Corbin needs to give you a pin or send you another seat complete with a pin.
I have the same seat, came with a pin.
I wish there were more seat options for the GRiSO. corbin seats look great and depending on preference, sit well. But the build quality is not what you expect when dishing out that kind of money. I got mine almost 2 years ago and I have had 2 of rivets fall out and one of the rubber bumpers was loose in the box when it arrived.
I also had a small issue with how the leather was tucked around the nose of the seat.

keep pestering them!
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

Corbin seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin seat advice   Corbin seat advice Icon_minitime1Fri May 21, 2021 4:52 am

Hm, I thought I swapped that over. Perhaps not!
Back to top Go down
Hyde73
Carlotto
Carlotto
Hyde73

Corbin seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin seat advice   Corbin seat advice Icon_minitime1Fri May 21, 2021 6:29 am

Fingers crossed that this seat holds up, but I’ll keep an eye on the rivets and rubber bumpers. I debated Corbin vs a second OEM seat and having it customized but obviously went the Corbin route. Good news is that I jumped on Corbin’s online chat this morning with “Jay” who was super helpful. Recognized that they made a mistake and happened to have an “extra” pin at their FL location. I’m guessing the “extra” is the one from mine they forgot to ship. Thanks as always for the help. Have a great weekend all and ride safe. Cheers, Eric
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Corbin seat advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin seat advice   Corbin seat advice Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Corbin seat advice
Page 1 of 1