GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Instrument Panel Blank

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

Instrument Panel Blank Empty
PostSubject: Instrument Panel Blank    Instrument Panel Blank Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:29 pm

For the second time my instrument panel is showing LDO 4 HZ, only this time it wont reset.

The screen went blank after pushing the start button and shows LDO 4 HZ  and spanner icon with ignition on or off. I have to pull the fuse for a totally 'off'  screen

To date I have : checked the battery (ok) checked earth connections ECU/Battery(ok) Discharged the system thru battery disconnect,fuses out ignition on over night. Checked the start button switch and swapped around the relays. Cleaned the ECU connections. All with no results.

The engine starts no problems, just have no Inst Panel, blinkers, head light etc.
Im figuring that LDO = low voltage drop out?

Any clues as to my next move before pulling Inst Panel off?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Instrument Panel Blank    Instrument Panel Blank Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:38 pm

I reckon panel off and check the connections and pins in the plug next.

If it does turn out to be a buggered dash I do have one in stock.
Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: Re: Instrument Panel Blank    Instrument Panel Blank Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:54 am

Thanks Pete.

Is it just a multi plug in the back of dash? or do I have disconnect components at wirings end?
Any tricks?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Instrument Panel Blank    Instrument Panel Blank Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:01 am

Nah. Remove the binacle and then unscrew the three (?) screws that hold the back, pointy bit, on then there is one of those block connectors like the ECU has two of that you flip down the cam-lever on and the plug disconnects from the dash. I think the dash surround stays on the front of the dash. If the back won't separate from the front you might have to undo the screws in the surround and remove it first.

I haven't had one off for a long time, since 2008 I think. That was the one off my 1100 that went tits just as I was about to sell it.
Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: Re: Instrument Panel Blank    Instrument Panel Blank Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:22 am

Ok, panel is off and no signs of corrosion or damage to connection pins.
Couple of spiders nests in the backing plate and a fair bit of dust, but all the connections appear clean and sound.
Yes, had to remove plastic surround screws.
Cleaned all connections with contact cleaner, plugged panel back in, same result with the code.
So, maybe a replacement panel is needed?
Unless there is another avenue to explore before I bin it?

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Instrument Panel Blank    Instrument Panel Blank Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:30 am

Simple test. Let me send you the spare. Plug it in and turn the bike on. If it works it will fire up but you will get the 'Don't forget to insert your user code' message. Don't insert a code unless you want to buy it?!

If it too throws the code? Then the problem is elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: Re: Instrument Panel Blank    Instrument Panel Blank Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:59 am

That sounds like the go. Have you still got my postal details?
Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Instrument Panel Blank    Instrument Panel Blank Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:51 pm

Probably somewhere but text them to me again.
Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: Re: Instrument Panel Blank    Instrument Panel Blank Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:32 pm

Received the replacement panel,( thx Pete) fitted and it powers up, sweeps and performs as normal.
Reprogrammed the user code and spare Key.
All appears ok- winner!! cheers

Hardest part was getting wiring harness to fit inside the panel cover again.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Instrument Panel Blank    Instrument Panel Blank Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:43 pm

MrBob wrote:

Hardest part was getting wiring harness to fit inside the panel cover again.

Oh, that's fun, isn't it? No

Good job!

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

PostSubject: Re: Instrument Panel Blank    Instrument Panel Blank Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:32 pm

I thought the character that you read in the error code as an oh might really be a zero since it was narrower than the letters, so I searched for LD04HZ and found a number of hits.

Reading some of the posts it seems like this error is associated with recent battery service and/or a bad ground. Some reported fixing it by attending to wiring connections . One said that AR1 fixed theirs without charging for parts. Others gave up and bought a new dash. Sorry not to have seen your message before, so that you could have had a chance to read the postings on the web. This is a problem common to Guzzis and Aprilias.

Moto
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Instrument Panel Blank    Instrument Panel Blank Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:01 pm

Winner Mr Bob.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Instrument Panel Blank    Instrument Panel Blank Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Instrument Panel Blank
Page 1 of 1