GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Aftermarket speedo / rev counter etc

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

Aftermarket speedo / rev counter etc Empty
PostSubject: Aftermarket speedo / rev counter etc   Aftermarket speedo / rev counter etc Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:46 pm

The Acewell speedo / rev counter, etc installed in the instrument panel I fabricated.
Due to misleading information in the instructions it took a bit of faffing around to get it right but it's working well now it's set up properly.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oz1200Guzzi and MalG like this post

Back to top Go down
gselvo
Carlotto
Carlotto
gselvo

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket speedo / rev counter etc   Aftermarket speedo / rev counter etc Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:28 pm

Why?

jaycain likes this post

Back to top Go down
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket speedo / rev counter etc   Aftermarket speedo / rev counter etc Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:21 pm

I find the original unit ugly.

Since my aim was to build a long distance tourer I needed a tidy instrument panel behind a screen
with room for a GPS navigation device (Garmin 396)

Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket speedo / rev counter etc   Aftermarket speedo / rev counter etc Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:12 pm

Evans wrote:
I find the original unit ugly.

Since my aim was to build a long distance tourer I needed a tidy instrument panel behind a screen
with room for a GPS navigation device (Garmin 396)

Oh yes................. That replacement is a work of art and style! cheers Shocked Twisted Evil But hey man, you're happy thats all that matters, and thus the Ghetto is happy.
Back to top Go down
freewaystreak
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
freewaystreak

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket speedo / rev counter etc   Aftermarket speedo / rev counter etc Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:21 pm

What screen is it mounted behind? More pics please
Back to top Go down
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket speedo / rev counter etc   Aftermarket speedo / rev counter etc Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:12 am

I made the screen myself.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
gselvo
Carlotto
Carlotto
gselvo

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket speedo / rev counter etc   Aftermarket speedo / rev counter etc Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:19 am

Like the black-outs.  Looks good.  The speedo/screen combo is likely very practical but I would probably stick with the original instrument panel and use a fly screen such as FLY SCREEN KIT 069772004 with instructions by Isotta (I think).  Below is the illustration for attaching the fly screen and a translation of the instructions

- FISSATE LA STAFFA@ E LA STAFFA “B” INSIEME CON LE VITI M6x18 E I DADI M6 AUTOBLOC . IN DOTAZIONE

- SMONTATE COMPLETAMENTE LE FRECCE TOGLIENDO ANCHE I CAVI DAL PORTA LAMPADINA

- FISSATE LE STAFFE PRECEDENTEMENTE ACCOPPIATE ALLA MOTO USANDO LA VITE ORGINALE DEL FARO E LA VITE CON DITANZIALE IN DOTAZIONE SUL SECONDO FORO DELLA STAFFE “B”.  DURANTE QUESTA OPERAZIONE FATE PASSARE I CAVI DELLA FRECCIA NELL 'ASOLA DELLA STAFFA “B.”

- MONTATE I GOMMINI ANTIVIBRANTI SUI FORI DEL CUPOLINO E FISSATELO ALLE STAFFE.

- STRINGETE LE VITI DEL CUPOLINO.

- A MONTAGGIO ULTIMATO STRINGETE TUTTE LE VITI CHE FISSANO LE STAFFE.

- FIX THE BRACKET “A” AND THE BRACKET “B” TOGETHER WITH THE M6x18 SCREWS AND THE M6 AUTOBLOC NUTS SUPPLIED.

- COMPLETELY DISASSEMBLE THE ARROWS ALSO REMOVING THE CABLES FROM THE BULB HOLDER

- FIX THE BRACKETS PREVIOUSLY COUPLED TO THE MOTORCYCLE USING THE ORGINAL SCREW OF THE HEADLIGHT AND THE SCREW WITH SPACER SUPPLIED ON THE SECOND HOLE OF THE BRACKET “B”. DURING THIS OPERATION, PASS THE ARROW CABLES IN THE SLOT OF THE BRACKET "B."

- MOUNT THE ANTI-VIBRATION RUBBERS ON THE HOLES OF THE WINDSCREEN AND FIX IT TO THE BRACKETS.

- TIGHTEN THE SCREWS OF THE WINDSCREEN.

- WHEN ASSEMBLY IS COMPLETE, TIGHTEN ALL THE SCREWS THAT FIX THE BRACKETS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket speedo / rev counter etc   Aftermarket speedo / rev counter etc Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Aftermarket speedo / rev counter etc
Page 1 of 1