GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Aftermarket powerful horn

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

Aftermarket powerful horn Empty
PostSubject: Aftermarket powerful horn   Aftermarket powerful horn Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:49 am

Fed up with drivers who just don’t care about motorbikes, either in the city traffic or either in the countryside, I have decided to change the horns on GRiSO.

Bought on Amazon a set of Hella horns -> Click

It appears that the new horns are really much more bigger that the Guzzi ones. There is just enough space to fit them but need to use the original mounting.

Sound is really powerful.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nobleswood, kidsmoke, mickfinn and cvgresch like this post

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket powerful horn   Aftermarket powerful horn Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:00 am

I also shoe horned some even bigger Piaa in. It was embarrassing to honk with the OEM horns.
Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket powerful horn   Aftermarket powerful horn Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:13 am

I had a wonderful cheap pair I mounted on my Jackal, it was a simple swap and they worked a treat. Sounds like a semi. Managed to fit the same set behind the wings on Pearl, but actuating them yielded only a singular ‘thunk’ sound…then silence. Surprised the 12v system on the Jackal would accommodate and the one on the GRiSO will not. Then I considered the ‘startus interuptus’ legacy, threw the old horns on it and buttoned it up.

Agreed the ‘meep meep’ seems particularly immasculating on these machines, but introducing a gremlin is too great a risk.
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket powerful horn   Aftermarket powerful horn Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:22 pm

JohnA wrote:
I also shoe horned some even bigger Piaa in. It was embarrassing to honk with the OEM horns.

How did you manage to do that because there is not much space available ?

@kidsmoke: probably the horns were in contact with the side fairing and couldn’t vibrate properly. I noticed the same problem with mine but found the appropriate position to make them sound as it should be Wink
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket powerful horn   Aftermarket powerful horn Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:36 am

Richard,
I used Piaa 85114 slim line. This kit includes a 400Hz and 500 Hz “twin tone” horns.
I mounted them with the opening facing up. There is just enough room. They are about $68 US on Amazon.
I didn’t need any relays or anything and the connectors match up - no splicing.

kindoy2 and mickfinn like this post

Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket powerful horn   Aftermarket powerful horn Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:16 am

Sounds great! The Piaa’s are probably a better design and solution than the Hella’s but the result should be very close cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket powerful horn   Aftermarket powerful horn Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Aftermarket powerful horn
Page 1 of 1