GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Logos on the sides

Go down 
+5
PJPR01
steveb
wardest
lcjohnny
Evans
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

Logos on the sides Empty
PostSubject: Logos on the sides   Logos on the sides Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:04 pm

I decided to see if I could make these to fit in an envelope, as they cost nothing to make but sending as a package costs
far more than it should.
I've sent a couple of these off to see if they'd class as a letter and they did so only a couple of bucks postage.
I can knock up a set if anyone wants one.
A minor tweak but I think it improves the look.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan and Nobleswood like this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Logos on the sides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logos on the sides   Logos on the sides Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:29 pm

Hi Evans - they look brilliant - are they stickers or solid disks?
Back to top Go down
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

Logos on the sides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logos on the sides   Logos on the sides Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:57 pm

They're 3mm black acrylic I cover the acrylic with silver vinyl, laser etch and cut them then weed off the silver that I don't want. The "GRiSO" is etched into the plastic as I found the left side script kept rubbing off in vinyl. I stick them in place with black sikaflex, you can remove them if needed that way.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Logos on the sides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logos on the sides   Logos on the sides Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:20 pm

Well i really want a set - please give me a price - plus postage
Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

Logos on the sides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logos on the sides   Logos on the sides Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:36 pm

I would like a set
Let me know how much ?

Mike
Back to top Go down
steveb
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
steveb

Logos on the sides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logos on the sides   Logos on the sides Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:52 pm

Me too how much?
Back to top Go down
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

Logos on the sides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logos on the sides   Logos on the sides Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:24 pm

The arrangement on the set I sent to Germany this morning was.
I post it over, make sure they fit OK
Flick me $5 on paypal
Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

Logos on the sides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logos on the sides   Logos on the sides Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:19 pm

Very artistic indeed.

Can you customize it so the GRiSO text or the eagle is red, maintaining the black background?

If so, would take a set as well and double the fee!

cheers!
Back to top Go down
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

Logos on the sides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logos on the sides   Logos on the sides Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:31 pm

I can etch on to red vinyl rather than silver. The GRiSO script is etched into the acrylic.

To make that red you'd need to use red paint to fill the letters.
That shouldn't be difficult just be sure to use a rag with turps or similar to wipe off the excess paint. Thinners or acetone would melt the acrylic.

I initially used vinyl on the lettering but the letters rubbed off on the left side.

Anyone who wants a set PM me your postal address and I'll send off sets as I make them.
Back to top Go down
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

Logos on the sides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logos on the sides   Logos on the sides Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:00 pm

I can't mix vinyl colours I cover the acrylic with the colour vinyl but can't move the pieces
once they're in the laser thus one shot to etch and cut.

As long as I can get stock I can use different colour acrylic.
I have to go by to get some black acrylic I'll see if they've some other colours to play with.
It would be interesting to see what different combinations of colours looked like.
This is only a hobby so mucking around with different ideas is what I use it for.

An experiment I did for a kitchen cabinet door and draw front, designs etched on pre finished birch
with Paua shell inlay.
Not for sale just gives an idea of how versatile laser etching can be,
being retired I look to find things to do to keep me amused.

Back to top Go down
Ditchfinder
Carlotto
Carlotto
Ditchfinder

Logos on the sides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logos on the sides   Logos on the sides Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:55 am

Hello fellow laser cutter, to get the red effect on the GRiSO could you use black vinyl over red acrylic and just do a very shallow cut out of the lettering and remove with a scalpel?

What type of vinyl are you using - I'd like to find some chlorine free stuff if I can so I can play with graphics but all the stuff over here gives off chlorine gas when you cut it What a Face

There's thousands of different acrylics out there, we use quite a variety in our stuff here: toolally.com
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Logos on the sides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logos on the sides   Logos on the sides Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:36 pm

Got 'em today.

They look great! cheers

$ent payment right away via P/P.

I was a little confused by your e/m addy. The one you sent in PM had a hyphen; the one in "invoice" had a space instead. P/P system didn't like either of those, but did take it without any space.

Presume the $ got there. If not, tell me and I'll resend.

Also had to look up "methylated spirits," as I had no clue what that was. scratch

Ah, denatured alcohol. Wink

Again, very high-end work.

Bill

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

Logos on the sides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logos on the sides   Logos on the sides Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:15 pm

G'day Evans
Did you get my payment ?
Regards
Mick
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

Logos on the sides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logos on the sides   Logos on the sides Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:34 pm

Evans, I used your P/P email with 2 hyphens (after the @). I hope it worked! Thanks again! They look great!
Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

Logos on the sides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logos on the sides   Logos on the sides Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:57 pm

G'day
Got them today 👍👍👍
Much appreciated
Back to top Go down
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

Logos on the sides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logos on the sides   Logos on the sides Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:55 am

A hacker keeps somehow accessing my computer and all sorts of stuff is getting changed.
My paypal account is linked to

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If it won't go through on that don't send.
Glad that they're liked.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Logos on the sides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logos on the sides   Logos on the sides Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:56 am

Rats.

P/P showed -- in fact, displayed -- the addy I used ("without space") as working.

Can you please confirm that you did not receive a payment from me a few days ago? scratch

If not, I will contact PayPal for a refund and resend.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

Logos on the sides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logos on the sides   Logos on the sides Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:00 pm

Just checked the only payment for acrylics is from Jan Van T land.
Don't resend any funds until you've sorted out a refund from Paypal.
It's only a pittance to cover costs of acrylic, vinyl and postage so no big deal.
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

Logos on the sides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logos on the sides   Logos on the sides Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:49 pm

If you don't mind some brainstorming...

I think it would be great to see some options for alternate badges on the cylinder ducts...or a different design for the caps.  In both cases...maybe Steak could license his artwork-- his little devil creeper would be mischevious on the frame cap.
jocolor
Back to top Go down
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

Logos on the sides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logos on the sides   Logos on the sides Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:10 pm

Mucking around with my laser cutter and vinyl cutter is just for fun.
Happy to try ideas out for anyone.
As long as the components fit in an envelope sending them costs only a couple of dollars.
As soon as they think it's something other than a card it cost $24 !
Easy enough to do the vinyls that I put on my number plate surround which is I think the only way they would work as different countries have different sized number plates.
If someone wants to distribute bit's & pieces I can knock out samples for them to see what works.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Logos on the sides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logos on the sides   Logos on the sides Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Logos on the sides
Page 1 of 1