GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Can’t help meself.......

Go down 
+7
odder
ratso88
bahamazoo
Oz1200Guzzi
usedtobefast
beetle
Pete Roper
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Can’t help meself....... Empty
PostSubject: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:52 am

I bought another one. A 2010 black one. It’s the wreck that was on Pickles Auctions in Brisbane. It has a very distinctive seat with red sides. I think it may of been owned by a Ghetto dweller, it has one of The Toad’s pipes on it, no idea if it has been rollerised.

If the owner sees this or anyone knows him I’d be grateful for the second key! cheers

Oz1200Guzzi, Bill Hagan and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:58 am

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
usedtobefast
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
usedtobefast

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:53 am

Pictures??
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:57 am

I can't seem to pull pics off the Pickles site so I'll have to wait until I've got it n the workshop. Damage seems to be confined to dash, headlight, screen and brake lever.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:55 pm

Allow me.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Last edited by beetle on Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:59 pm

Pete's single handedly ensuring the mighty GRiSO has a life, at least in this part of the world.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:38 pm

(Shrug?) it really is an outstanding motorbike. It may not be the fastest, best handling or most advanced motorbike out there but it is a fine package that punches well above its weight. The final iteration of the Big Block motor before it was put out to grass in the Cali 1400 it is a fine testament to what Guzzi used to aspire to and the last truly new and innovative design they created.

Steak likes this post

Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:48 am

tragically, another dead dash What a Face What a Face

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:59 am

Luckily I keep a spare in stock! 😁
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:42 am

hmm . . . ?

hard to see, but, not looking like a lot of damage other than the dash/headlight

possibly a PO'd wife, girlfriend or ??? seems odd

somebody didn't like it for sure
Back to top Go down
odder
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
odder

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:26 am

+1 angry wife or way to get an insurance claim after finding out it’s got rollers.

Good pickup Pete.
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:02 pm

Well that's one way to get yourself an unavailable OEM rear rack Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:00 pm

I like that muffler! Wish there was an effective, reasonable dual muffler option...or at least would like to hear one..
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:51 pm

The muffler is yours if you want it. I bought one of the originals, it didn't fit and was ear bleedingly loud. This one at least seems to have a dB killer in it which will help with the noise and running. I think Mark even has a map for one nowadays. Yours for postage and a $100 donation to Medicienes sans frontiers.
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:59 pm

Thank you for offering that! I'll cop to being caught muttering/typing out loud. I still have left side exhaust, and I'm not so enamored as to explore shipping the whole kit. I like your choice of charities though, I'll follow up on that separately just for good karma and due diligence!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:14 pm

Pat (Bahamazoo) got one made (dual muffler) in BrisVegas for his Sport - sounds OK even looks OK, with Chinesium mufflers. So quite doable - Pat may chime in...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:02 pm

Wayne just rode it onto his ute! cheers Dash is buggered though, screen is shot. Cant have it all I suppose.
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:49 pm

I can't find a pic of her butt right now...... remember it's a 1200 Sport tho....

Charlie up in Cairns put one of these mufflers on his GRiSO, which is where I got the lead...

pipework done by, er, Pipeworks on the Goldcoast. bloke by yet name of Noel, kiwi guy who did the pipework for the Britten V1000
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:34 pm

Gotta brag about the lobsters haven't you. Though the Britten is a fairly upstanding recommendation as to his abilities. Thanks Pat.

BTW, where are you?

You wouldn't by chance be in cantberra on the week of the 22nd March, would you? Wouldn't happen to be around over Easter either would you? I might have a cunning plan if you are...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:47 am

Problem generally with GRiSO is the positioning of the oil cooler.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:59 am

Clancy wrote:
Well that's one way to get yourself an unavailable OEM rear rack Very Happy

I know Craig. That alone is worth the cost of a 'B' kit on fleabay if it isn't rollerised.😝

As it is I think I'll just keep it for my round Oz trip.
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:56 pm

Tony.... currently floating around off the coast of SA chasing bluefin toona...
as much as I'd like to help you move house (and drink black beer) my schedule has me
a) still here, and then
b) flying around Kakadu dodging crocodiles...

so solly.

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:14 pm

bahamazoo wrote:

I can't find a pic of her butt right now...... remember it's a 1200 Sport tho....

Charlie up in Cairns put one of these mufflers on his GRiSO, which is where I got the lead...

pipework done by, er, Pipeworks on the Goldcoast. bloke by yet name of Noel, kiwi guy who did the pipework for the Britten V1000

Sweeet, 'ats what I'm talkin' 'bout! Don't think I'll be footing the bill for it - and for more tuning though. That's a lot of volume/flow per cylinder, for a powerplant said to appreciate a longer track and a bit of restriction. I have more years into fiddling with cars, than bikes, so the x-pipe and segmented/welded curves 'resonate'!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:52 pm

Remember Pat has a 2V 1200, not an 8V, so some differences. You could do same on your GRiSO where the pretzel is. DB killers a must. A map could be built - would be better if you were on this side of the pond, though!
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:22 pm

Thanks! I'm all good with DB killers...as-in, I appreciate them. I actually paid extra to order Euro 4 spec Zards for my V7 III....1) environment, hate if you must, 2) None of my bikes are so bad ass that they have to scream to call on all comers, 3) I prefer torque to HP. 4) if loud bikes save lives get a bigger horn, not a hollow muffler.
I did just now make the mistake of firing up all three adjacent to one another....the GRiSO is the most sedate of the three..as I said, I'm not into db/volume...but may have to research some alternatives to whatever muffler is on there now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Can’t help meself.......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Inspiration-
Jump to: