GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Can’t help meself.......

Go down 
+7
odder
ratso88
bahamazoo
Oz1200Guzzi
usedtobefast
beetle
Pete Roper
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

Can’t help meself....... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:05 pm

SMT CapeCod: "Don't think I'll be footing the bill for it"

the bill wasn't actually as bad as it could have been Very Happy

the chinesium mufflers were $60 each, delivered.
Noels work was a little more, but well worth it. I left the Gootsie with him for a few weeks and he did it as kinda a 'side job'. I'm sure he spent more time than he billed me for. I think he enjoyed the challenge. More praise to him!!

I'd have to search for the actual figures, but it all came in at less than $600.
Apparently it "sounds OK even looks OK,"... Rolling Eyes

Then the mapping is the key.
(and this is where the expense lies... how much is your soul worth, seeking the pinnacle What a Face )

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:07 pm

Hey, I resemble that map!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:14 pm

Another thing I'm seriously considering to add to the 1400 project is a custom 2 into 1 into 2 system with high exits. Like the mistral Hi-Pipe but one muffler each side. If I do go this route I'll probably keep the Ti headers and get everything south of there custom made apart from maybe a couple of CF mufflers. They'll have to be CF because of luggage proximity but the rest of the system will be stainless most likely.

Then I'll have to suck up to Mark to get a map built......
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:16 pm

We could put in a good word for you Pete...
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:18 pm

ah yes Tony, as does the resident FIG..... but I'm back on FrankenMap again.... Very Happy

-
FrankenMap is an abomination of cut and paste, done in the darkness of my garage. It involved very little in the way of intelligence or knowledge of how the whole black box fuelling thing works. It was kludged together from an overvalued  'proprietary piece of software' from the snake oil shop, and from one of Tony's maps, with massaging by the FIG.
It shouldn't really work, but I like it.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:23 pm

Pete Roper wrote:

Then I'll have to suck up to Mark to get a map built......

No sucking up required. I'll do it!

cheers

Quote :
Another thing I'm seriously considering to add to the 1400 project is a custom 2 into 1 into 2 system with high exits. Like the mistral Hi-Pipe but one muffler each side. If I do go this route I'll probably keep the Ti headers and get everything south of there custom made apart from maybe a couple of CF mufflers.

I've often thought about this, but couldn't be arsed. I was think a pair of el-cheapo CF mufflers.

scratch

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:29 pm

bahamazoo wrote:
ah yes Tony, as does the resident FIG..... but I'm back on FrankenMap again.... Very Happy

-
FrankenMap is an abomination of cut and paste, done in the darkness of my garage. It involved very little in the way of intelligence or knowledge of how the whole black box fuelling thing works. It was kludged together from an overvalued  'proprietary piece of software' from the snake oil shop, and from one of Tony's maps, with massaging by the FIG.
It shouldn't really work, but I like it.

So how's that been working for you for the last year Pat? Should it be called FrankenMap II?
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:30 pm

well, for the last year, its been in storage..... actually 12months to the day yesterday, so the fuel economy is amazing, although mileage is down somewhat.

and now I'll go back to rocking quietly in the corner.
you'd think that after going cold turkey I'd be over it.

thats a hard 'no'
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:09 pm

Never! Mine's in the hospital - been there a week - DT's have set in...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:20 am

It'll be at least another week Tony as Michael is away next week, I fly to Townsville on Wednesday, forks will be ready on Friday. Michael can probably pick'em up. Master from Mark is here.

If it's a real chore to hang on for a while you can borrow the Green Horror. But it goes nowhere near Sydney. I may have another one but the Green Horror is *Special*........😁
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:25 am

No it's all good Pete - it takes as much as it needs - I will survive, it will be oh so sweet when it's back here.

Just taking the piss out of Pat. This happens often, probably means we need a gathering , which is scheduled for Easter at Tuena
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:57 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Another thing I'm seriously considering to add to the 1400 project is a custom 2 into 1 into 2 system with high exits. Like the mistral Hi-Pipe but one muffler each side.......................

Ohhhhhhh.....you're thinking about the BOS system I bet...Sexiest set up for a GRiSO yet and it still gives me a stiffy. lol
I wish I could see this set up in person because the routing of the pipe on the left side has to be pretty well engineered due to the tight spot it has to snake through...the heat output raises concerns to me about the rear shock since that pipe has to be so very close.
Also, I'm pretty sure that the huger I run, would have to go if I ever was to mount this system and if I remember it ain't cheap...about $2200 US last time I checked.
Oh and of course, no more hard bags with that application. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:59 pm

Waterbottle has a very nice set up on his race bike, although both mufflers on the left.

Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:21 pm

Props for the oil filter cap, that's tremendous!
clown cheers
No one would be seeing that on mine..
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:31 pm

Grisonut wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:
Another thing I'm seriously considering to add to the 1400 project is a custom 2 into 1 into 2 system with high exits. Like the mistral Hi-Pipe but one muffler each side.......................

Ohhhhhhh.....you're thinking about the BOS system I bet...Sexiest set up for a GRiSO yet and it still gives me a stiffy. lol
I wish I could see this set up in person because the routing of the pipe on the left side has to be pretty well engineered due to the tight spot it has to snake through...the heat output raises concerns to me about the rear shock since that pipe has to be so very close.
Also, I'm pretty sure that the huger I run, would have to go if I ever was to mount this system and if I remember it ain't cheap...about $2200 US last time I checked.
Oh and of course, no more hard bags with that application. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Similar, but I'm hoping to be able to do it without altering the tailpiece and keeping the luggage racks. Is it possible? I don't know....yet. There isn't a lot of wriggle room I know and that is why I'm thinking carbon cans will be vital. I'm also not willing to make it noisy. I hate noisy bikes.

There is a very accomplished exhaust builder in Canberra. I'm planning on dropping in to see him this week. If needs be I can leave the black beast with him for a while so he can head scratch. I have a spare set of luggage racks after all that I can bolt on to sort out clearance issues.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:44 pm

bahamazoo wrote:
Waterbottle has a very nice set up on his race bike, although both mufflers on the left.

Yes that one is quite special and Standard to boot.
.NOT!
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:48 pm

I have a 2nd mistral high pipe ordered, and know a talented welding instructor. Stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:36 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Grisonut wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:

Similar, but I'm hoping to be able to do it without altering the tailpiece and keeping the luggage racks. Is it possible? I don't know....yet. There isn't a lot of wriggle room I know and that is why I'm thinking carbon cans will be vital. I'm also not willing to make it noisy. I hate noisy bikes.

There is a very accomplished exhaust builder in Canberra. I'm planning on dropping in to see him this week. If needs be I can leave the black beast with him for a while so he can head scratch. I have a spare set of luggage racks after all that I can bolt on to sort out clearance issues.

I'm sure luggage racks can be fitted with dual high pipes...it would have to be custom made stuff and tricky to bolt up under the seat cowl area as the BOS slip ons are basically level with the tail light, thus in the way of having straight brackets bolted where the factory bobbins are located
I run GIVI V35 Monokey on my 1200 and made brackets/racks almost completely from scratch to clear off the OEM big can, I chose the cheapest kit which was for a Honda VFR800  (I posted my rig on this site) because they didn't have a set up for the GRiSO at the time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Although on a 1100, this video shows that it's not a loud system...sound awesome IMO.
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:07 am

bahamazoo wrote:
well, for the last year, its been in storage.....and now I'll go back to rocking quietly in the corner. you'd think that after going cold turkey I'd be over it.

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Mine's in the hospital - been there a week - DT's have set in...

I read this and feeling so sorry for you both I..........................................................................................went for a ride Laughing

But I know my time on the bench will come.
Just a matter of time.........and distance..........hmmm......might go for another ride......

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:53 pm

Big thank you to Evans who has sent me his no longer required dash surround stuff which will make getting this new munter back on the roads a lot quicker.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can’t help meself.......    Can’t help meself....... - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Can’t help meself.......
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Inspiration-
Jump to: