GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new

Go down 
+2
beetle
kubbie
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new Empty
PostSubject: Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new   Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:08 am

Hi wanting to replace sticky out rotating thingy (sorry to be so technical). Tried penatrating oil on grub screw to no effect. Will try heat gun next. But in event of still not budging does anyone know of part number or source of replacement.
Thanks Peter[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
kubbie
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kubbie

PostSubject: Re: Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new   Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:52 am

Heat it up first. I tried brute force and it ripped the threads off the plunger. I found just the plunger, grub screw and the piece they ride in somewhere but can't find it now. Wanting to say it was an Aprilia part number.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new   Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:04 pm

Combination penatrating oil and heat gun both freed it and set off my garage smoke alarm. Put back together with a bit of grease so can undo it again later.
Now looking for some nice levers that do not cost the earth.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new   Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:31 pm

I'm pretty sure it's not available separately from Guzzi. AF1 have them.

Linky

Why do you need to replace it?  

1.5mm Allen key required.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

stimpetta likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
stimpetta
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
stimpetta

PostSubject: Re: Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new   Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:55 am

I'm attempting to remove the same thing. Having cunningly try to ride away with my disk lock on - don't try that at home! and broke the lever. Having sourced a cheap replacement £13.95 from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that does not come with a new plunger assembly. It looks like there's a blob of glue on the underside of the plunger. I'm about to cajole with some heat and mild force...
Back to top Go down
https://smallmouse.com
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new   Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:47 am

I found this link to a new lever with the pin thingy - but 97 euro! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
stimpetta
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
stimpetta

PostSubject: Re: Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new   Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:24 am

I found this useful video about adjusting the push rod

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and you can buy the push rod pin assembly for £22.50

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The downside is that none of the replacement pins include the bit that actuates a switch on the clutch lever assembly (presumably a safety cut out) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] as you can see in this photo.

BTW Thanks to tip about the 1.5mm allen keyed grub screw I successfully removed the assembly from the broken lever. Without heat or force.Put it into my new cheap lever and it fits like a glove. The build quality and weight look similar to the original lever. Under £14 for the whole the job. JOY!

PS The metal on the original lever around the pivot was nearly worn out (if you look closely on the photo above). So perhaps it was a lucky break.

SMTCapeCod likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://smallmouse.com
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new   Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:15 am

You can easily fit a pressure clutch switch (£6ish at Demon Tweaks) if you prefer to keep the functionality (ECU signal for start in gear plus revs)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new   Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:44 am

The clutch lever pin and roller thing is currently available on Ebay here  Ebay clutch push pin Linky
Back to top Go down
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

PostSubject: Re: Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new   Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:13 am

I've had trouble with these over the years. I ride mostly urban, so the clutch gets a lot of use. I was not getting enough lift once, so needed to adjust, and discovered that someone had araldited it in. Which is puzzling as I've had the bike from new!

I've also had the cylinder bit wearing an oval in the lever, which eventually snapped. This happened twice. The first time it happened outside Chasbikes, and the mechanic had an Aprilia brake lever in his bits box which he fitted upside down. The second time, the RAC bodged it with cable ties to get me home. I now carry a lever with these parts in my toolkit!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new   Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Clutch lever switch and plunger rotating thingy removal or new
Page 1 of 1