GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Rotating left switch lock on handlebar

Go down 
+3
beetle
Chris W
Andrewpatrol
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

Rotating left switch lock on handlebar Empty
PostSubject: Rotating left switch lock on handlebar   Rotating left switch lock on handlebar Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:40 am

I want to rotate my clutch lever down a bit but it hits the micro-switch actuator sticky outy thingy on the switch block. Then I opened up the switch block to find a nub that fits in a hole on handle bar thus preventing its rotating. WTF Guzzi.
Can I remove the nub and have the switch lock remain in its new rotational position so I can move the clutch lever a bit. I don’t want to ovalise the hole on handle bar to weaken it.
Or is there a really clever work around that escapes my dumb-arse.
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Rotating left switch lock on handlebar   Rotating left switch lock on handlebar Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:57 am

best bet is to drill a new hole in the bars - I saw a jig for for this.....somewhere.
I rotated mine and was able to freehand drilling the hole
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Rotating left switch lock on handlebar   Rotating left switch lock on handlebar Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:39 am

What Chris said. If you remove the nub it will move around the bar and annoy the shit out of you. My right switch block is nub-less. It moves, and it shits me.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Rotating left switch lock on handlebar   Rotating left switch lock on handlebar Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:38 pm

The REALLY annoying part is when you put on a set of bars from another MG model, and the holes/nubs are totally in different places.  

For instance, lets say you put on a set of Stelvio bars, and don't notice the fact that the holes/nubs don't align.  Nub (plastic POS) presses against starter button so that when you start the bike, the button stays in.  If you happen to be suited up, helmet on and ear plugs in, you may not hear the gnashing and grinding of the starter bendix being ground to bits.  Then when it finally dies, 200 miles from home, and the nearest replacement is 1500 miles away, you feel like MG set you up for failure.

Rant over......
Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: Rotating left switch lock on handlebar   Rotating left switch lock on handlebar Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:58 pm

cut the little nub off and put tape around the bars where you want your switchgear to go, it will never move.

Andrewpatrol likes this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Rotating left switch lock on handlebar   Rotating left switch lock on handlebar Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:41 am

Interestingly (or not Wink ); I bought Chinese knock off Domino switchgear for small block restoration - they are almost identical to GRiSO ones & the 'nib' inside the units are small allen bolts which you can remove easily (and lose in the bowels of your garage/toolbox, only to reappear once you've sourced some replacement ones Mad ).

identical (functionality) proper Domino ones on ebay, came with a copper nib that needed dremel to file it down.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Rotating left switch lock on handlebar   Rotating left switch lock on handlebar Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:51 am

rick pope wrote:
The REALLY annoying part is when you put on a set of bars from another MG model, and the holes/nubs are totally in different places.  

For instance, lets say you put on a set of Stelvio bars, and don't notice the fact that the holes/nubs don't align.  Nub (plastic POS) presses against starter button so that when you start the bike, the button stays in.  If you happen to be suited up, helmet on and ear plugs in, you may not hear the gnashing and grinding of the starter bendix being ground to bits.  Then when it finally dies, 200 miles from home, and the nearest replacement is 1500 miles away, ......

Ouch i really felt for you there
Back to top Go down
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

PostSubject: Re: Rotating left switch lock on handlebar   Rotating left switch lock on handlebar Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:29 pm

Today I braved it and pulled the 1/8” brass knob out of switch block which allowed me to rotate. Problem now is remembering where I put it if it has to go back Mad
Thin layers of tape to build up so block grips.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rotating left switch lock on handlebar   Rotating left switch lock on handlebar Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Rotating left switch lock on handlebar
Page 1 of 1