GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Stainless bolts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eire1400
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Eire1400

Stainless bolts Empty
PostSubject: Stainless bolts   Stainless bolts Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:04 pm

Anyone know off hand if all the timing cover bolts are the same size? Looking to replace them with stainless as they are looking tired. Also can the brake mounting bolts on the front be got in stainless? Any one know size, thread type etc. I know it's controversial to replace with s/s but I've done it on loads of bikes and never had issues.

Last edited by Eire1400 on Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

Stainless bolts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stainless bolts   Stainless bolts Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:37 am

depends on the quality of stainless! I'm gradually replacing mine. I like this stuff: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Probolt also do good stuff: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There is a complete set of engine bolts from France on Ebay at £60.
Back to top Go down
Eire1400
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Eire1400

Stainless bolts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stainless bolts   Stainless bolts Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:45 am

60 pounds is a bit spendy really isn't it! All I really have left to do is front brake mounting bolts and timing cover. I've carc and rear brakes done. It's only the low down bolts that were showing their age!
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

Stainless bolts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stainless bolts   Stainless bolts Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:59 am

good stainless isn't cheap. These are £19..... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Eire1400
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Eire1400

Stainless bolts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stainless bolts   Stainless bolts Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:04 am

True, and they have the most important job I suppose!
Would like to know the length of these, The ones I took out seem to have a much longer unthreaded area.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

Stainless bolts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stainless bolts   Stainless bolts Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:38 pm

Get one of these, absolutely invaluable: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
BruPo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BruPo

Stainless bolts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stainless bolts   Stainless bolts Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:05 pm

My dear Wrenchistas,

Might you proffer a tips list of GRiSO bolts targeted/recommended for replacement with good Pro-Bolt or other SS copies?

/ not to rekindle any controversy; but is there a significant downside to swapping out for high quality SS?

I just watched a GRiSO half-life teardown video, here exhaust flange bolts, and several front cover, etc bolts were seized and had to be drilled and HeliCoiled..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
- Brett

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.brettcartwright.com
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Stainless bolts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stainless bolts   Stainless bolts Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:26 pm

Not sure about costs to ship overseas but for those of us in the U.S., [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has just about everything of this sort.

Bill

BruPo likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stainless bolts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stainless bolts   Stainless bolts Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Stainless bolts
Page 1 of 1