GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Down the Oily Rabbit Hole

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

Down the Oily Rabbit Hole Empty
PostSubject: Down the Oily Rabbit Hole   Down the Oily Rabbit Hole Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:41 pm

I just took delivery of some Liqui Moly oil for GRiSO. Upon inspection, I noticed a production date of 7/16 printed on the bottles. Somewhat perturbed, I Googled synthetic oil shelf life. That led to the madhouse that is Bobistheoilguy.com. I know, I should know better. But in case anyone is ever faced with a similar concern, I share with you now links to some entertaining and informative articles that have convinced me to just shake it up and dump it in with reckless abandon. If the container isn’t leaking, it’s all good.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Steak and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Down the Oily Rabbit Hole   Down the Oily Rabbit Hole Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:27 pm

Without touching a link. I concur.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Down the Oily Rabbit Hole   Down the Oily Rabbit Hole Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:50 pm

But the first one is especially good fun. One of the guys from Blackstone Labs ran oil from the 1940s in his Chevy pickup! Shocked
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Down the Oily Rabbit Hole   Down the Oily Rabbit Hole Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:05 am

100 million+ years stored under ground & a 'not challenging' engine Wink
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Down the Oily Rabbit Hole   Down the Oily Rabbit Hole Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:35 am

its like Himalayan Rock Salt.... its been laying around for, well, a really really long time... but as soon as it gets into a salt grinder, it develops an expiry date Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

moby likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Down the Oily Rabbit Hole   Down the Oily Rabbit Hole Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Down the Oily Rabbit Hole
Page 1 of 1