GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Saturday Drag Racing at Firebird Raceway

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bill Dee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bill Dee

Saturday Drag Racing at Firebird Raceway Empty
PostSubject: Saturday Drag Racing at Firebird Raceway   Saturday Drag Racing at Firebird Raceway Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:25 pm

Took the GRiSO drag racing with my buddy Jerry on his new Tiger 900.  He wanted to see what it would do and I decided to bring GRiSO because I thought it might be a close race between these 2 bike. My Rocket III and ZX14 would just blow it away.  Turned out to be a great day and we had a ton of fun.  It was the annual Spring Swap Meet day at Firebird and the place was packed with vendors and buyers.  Well over 10,000 folks.  Only about 100 racers (90 cars/10 bikes) so we were able to get 4 runs in.  

Beautiful blue sky day and mild temps. The only BAD thing was the wind was blowing hard right down the track in our faces about 15 MPH with higher gusts.  

Turned out as I expected. Here are our times/ETs.  Keep in mind this drag strip is at about 2700 feet above sea level.  Our density/altitude is often higher in the summer heat.

1) G 12.694 @ 103.34  Even though his time/mph is fractionally better, I crossed the finish line first with a better reaction time off the line.
   T 12.459 @ 104.94

2) G 12.740 @ 102.85  I won because he only put 1 gallon of gas in his tank at the start of the day trying to save weight.      
   T 13.198 @ 38.02    Unfortunately it was not enough for the bike to draw on at the start of the second race and his bike sputtered a couple of times.

3) G 12.697 @ 104.15
   T 12.426 @ 102.70  He won because I buggered my launch and had a bad reaction time as I wasn't quit ready to go when the triple tree cycled.

4) G 12.439 @ 103.33 We had almost exact reaction times. I won by .0305 seconds. I saw Jerry in the corner of my right eye almost all the way.
   T 12.466 @ 103.44

Video Jerry made for us.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

paulbrice likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Saturday Drag Racing at Firebird Raceway   Saturday Drag Racing at Firebird Raceway Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:44 am

thanks for sharing Bill!
looks like a good time

Bill Dee likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Saturday Drag Racing at Firebird Raceway   Saturday Drag Racing at Firebird Raceway Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:53 pm

Between you and Jerry, who's the fatter bastard?

My GRiSO would be a LOT faster if I lost fifty pounds...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

Bill Dee likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: Saturday Drag Racing at Firebird Raceway   Saturday Drag Racing at Firebird Raceway Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:13 am

Yeah, true enough.

Lots of people Hot Rodding their machines but overlook upgrading the operator.

Years ago the I understood the rough calculation was something like 7 pounds = 1 Horsepower.

I'm in the same boat as Steak, I could pick up an easy 7 HP if I could just get around to changing my lifestyle. Probably less expensive with better long term outcome as well. As we all know that's just crazy talk.

Mad

This could be the main reason you don't see a lot of 6 foot 200+ pound motorcycle racers. I think, could be wrong though, maybe.

Bill Dee likes this post

Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Saturday Drag Racing at Firebird Raceway   Saturday Drag Racing at Firebird Raceway Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:35 pm

Pretty much a draw...despite 25% greater displacement  Crying or Very sad
Ah well, I didn't buy it for the quarter mile..and I enjoyed the vid/comparison- thanks!! Fun is fun!

Bill Dee likes this post

Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: Saturday Drag Racing at Firebird Raceway   Saturday Drag Racing at Firebird Raceway Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:47 am

True enough, if you are not having fun you are doing wrong.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Bill Dee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bill Dee

PostSubject: Re: Saturday Drag Racing at Firebird Raceway   Saturday Drag Racing at Firebird Raceway Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:32 pm

I'm the chubby one.  I have a good 40 pounds on Jerry right now.  My GRiSO is currently stock. Planning to install a Mistral muffler and Beetle map some time this year.

Yeah that didn't happen. Still Stock.

Last edited by Bill Dee on Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Saturday Drag Racing at Firebird Raceway   Saturday Drag Racing at Firebird Raceway Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:40 pm

Put four big hams in that Tiger's saddlebags and see how the next race goes...

Basketball

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday Drag Racing at Firebird Raceway   Saturday Drag Racing at Firebird Raceway Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Saturday Drag Racing at Firebird Raceway
Page 1 of 1