GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Quick Q aout Keys

Go down 
+3
Pete Roper
Uzidzit
Scot p
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Quick Q aout Keys Empty
PostSubject: Quick Q aout Keys   Quick Q aout Keys Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:00 pm

For those who bought brand new how many keys did you get?
I bought used and received two black keys. One used regularly by the PO and the other unused with a red plastic tube on it.
Back to top Go down
Scot p
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Scot p

Quick Q aout Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Q aout Keys   Quick Q aout Keys Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:01 pm

yep thats all I got ...new
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

Quick Q aout Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Q aout Keys   Quick Q aout Keys Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:23 pm

one will have a metal disk on it and one won't don't lose one if you did not get the code use them to set a new key code you'll remember, do not forget to do this or it will be a trip to the stealership to program a new key, if you do the codes you can program a new one yourself, and order a key from any dealer with the number on the little plastic tag zip tied to the spare key
Back to top Go down

Quick Q aout Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Q aout Keys   Quick Q aout Keys Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:37 pm

Is the metal disk purely decorative or does it serve some function?. One key totally black seems to be missing something as there's remnants of glue on one side of it. The other key also totally black has that plastic thing with numbers on it for sure.
Back to top Go down
Scot p
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Scot p

Quick Q aout Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Q aout Keys   Quick Q aout Keys Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:01 pm

the one with glue probably had a nice guzzi badge there...
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

Quick Q aout Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Q aout Keys   Quick Q aout Keys Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:20 pm

bingo the one with glue was the bling key, I use the black key and leave the bling key as a spare for the next owner, the little metal disk is bound to fall off ... like yours did sorry you missed the bling key
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Quick Q aout Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Q aout Keys   Quick Q aout Keys Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:06 pm

As long as you have two keys you can re-set the user code. If the previous owner didn't tell you what the user code was it is important to do this if you don't want to be stranded if the key antenna goes west.

Have both keys to hand.

Turn on the ignition and go into the menu. I think you have to then go into the disagnostics menu which requires the service code 12425.

Somewhere down the bottom there is something called 'Code Recovery'. Choose this and it will say 'Insert second key'. Take out the first key and insert the other one and turn the ignition back on. This has to be done within 30 seconds or some such.

When the dash fires up again it will say insert new code. Using the button and short presses you can scrol through from 1 to 0. When you reach the number you want hold the button down and it will move on to the next numeral. Do this five times and after the last number is inserted hold the button down and it should revert to the main menu.

Retreat out of the menus or just turn the bike off and next time you use either key it should work fine.

Having your own user code means that if the ignition lock is tampered with or the antenna fails you can enter this code when the dash asks for it and it will allow the bike to start. No code? You walk home!

Pete

kindoy2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Quick Q aout Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Q aout Keys   Quick Q aout Keys Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:42 am

Thanks I'll do this next time I go to the garage
Back to top Go down
jretanacr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jretanacr

Quick Q aout Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Q aout Keys   Quick Q aout Keys Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:52 am

Damn!, bought my bike from a previous owner. Just learned through your posts that there is a user code and that there is supposed to be a chip on the key. I have both keys but apparently previous owner lost the chip and I bent it accidentally. So, now I only use the spare black key.

How can I replace my main key (w/chip), and new user code?
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

Quick Q aout Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Q aout Keys   Quick Q aout Keys Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:53 pm

Hmmm, I reset the code when I first got the bike, don't want to get stuck in the middle of nowhere do I? Now what was that code...... Shocked
Ok first job for Easter weekend sorted.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Quick Q aout Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Q aout Keys   Quick Q aout Keys Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:51 pm

If you have two keys but don’t know the code you can re-set it using the ‘Code recovery’ function.

If you have one working key and know the code you can program up to four using the ‘Change the key’ function.

If you have only one key and don’t know the code you’re stuffed.
Back to top Go down
jretanacr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jretanacr

Quick Q aout Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Q aout Keys   Quick Q aout Keys Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:39 pm

How many numbers does the code have?
Back to top Go down
ITSecurity
Carlotto
Carlotto

Quick Q aout Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Q aout Keys   Quick Q aout Keys Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:36 pm

jretanacr wrote:
How many numbers does the code have?

I believe five, just like the maintenance code - but you will be prompted to keep entering digits until you've satisfied the logic in that tiny brain.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Quick Q aout Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Q aout Keys   Quick Q aout Keys Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:16 pm

Yup, five
Back to top Go down
jretanacr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jretanacr

Quick Q aout Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Q aout Keys   Quick Q aout Keys Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:24 pm

Guest wrote:
Is the metal disk purely decorative or does it serve some function?. One key totally black seems to be missing something as there's remnants of glue on one side of it. The other key also totally black has that plastic thing with numbers on it for sure.

Just one last question: To be clear... the metal disk is purely decorative?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Quick Q aout Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Q aout Keys   Quick Q aout Keys Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:00 pm

Yup, the chip itself is embedded in the rubbery handle bit. One way around it if you have the bit with the chip in would be to get a chipless key cut and just hold the head of the old key next to it when the dash asks for the second key. You could then use the ‘Code recovery’ function to change the code to something you know and from there program another chipped key using the ‘Change the key’ function.

I don’t think that you could use two chipped keys, one recognised and one not, adjacent to each other next to the antenna. You might be able to but my guess would be that it would cause the dash to have a cow.

Pete
Back to top Go down
nblades
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
nblades

Quick Q aout Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Q aout Keys   Quick Q aout Keys Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:17 pm

I bought my bike with just one original key, that's it. No code written down, and the original owner didn't remember the code. So I sent my only key in the mail, to AF1 racing, in USA, registered and insured mail. They copied my only key, and cloned the new key to the original. 40$ USD. Not a bad price, and the newly cloned key works great. If anyone is interested, just go on the AF1 racing site, and search key cloning service.
Regards, Norm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quick Q aout Keys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Q aout Keys   Quick Q aout Keys Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Quick Q aout Keys
Page 1 of 1