GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

intercoms opinions

Go down 
+4
Chris W
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
evansnows
8 posters
AuthorMessage
evansnows
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
evansnows

intercoms opinions Empty
PostSubject: intercoms opinions   intercoms opinions Icon_minitime1Wed May 26, 2021 10:35 pm

Since I've oriented my GRiSO toward a GT sports tourer, an intercom to hear directions from my Garmin and to talk with others touring
is something I'm going for.
I don't listen to music or make phone calls while riding so those options are not an issue for me.

One thing I really don't like is that most of them look like a wart on the side of the helmet

I've just come across the AGV ark units and they look the dogs bollicks. A neat looking unit that conforms to the helmet profile.
Since I have a Nexx carbon helmet I'll have to find the mount that is closest in shape but I think I'll find one that's close.

I like that there is a handlebar option to work the thing rather than groping around on the side of your helmet while riding
and that there is the option to stick a mike to the helmet.
The old intercom that I have has the mike on a stalk from the intercom and it's a pain.

Wondering what others out there are using and how they get on with them

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://c-space-solutions.com/
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

intercoms opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: intercoms opinions   intercoms opinions Icon_minitime1Thu May 27, 2021 12:38 am

I've tried various solutions. I found that in-helmet speakers would make my ears ache on a long ride. Weird shaped head.

I tried SlimBuds on a whim, and was a instant convert. It looked a bit odd when I flipped my modular helmet open. The battery/Bluetooth module sitting on my chin raised eyebrows, but they were comfortable and worked brilliantly with the bar mounted Scoche remote. They died recently, and I'm now using Plugfones Liberate earphones.

I do listen to music, but also utilise them with Apple or Google maps.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

intercoms opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: intercoms opinions   intercoms opinions Icon_minitime1Thu May 27, 2021 3:20 am

You don't look that odd, Mark. Just like Mark...
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

intercoms opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: intercoms opinions   intercoms opinions Icon_minitime1Thu May 27, 2021 3:39 am

I have a sena SF4 and use the guardian plugfones which plug directly into the sena unit. I just got a deal on amazon for the plugfones ranger headphones which work best for my ears
I don't have the in helmet speakers installed.
although there is the cord to deal with, the sound is spectacular even at low volume with high speed ( high wind noise)
the fact that earbuds can connect to the SENA unit was the main factor in my choosing that set up
Back to top Go down
finsbury
Montanarolo
Montanarolo

intercoms opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: intercoms opinions   intercoms opinions Icon_minitime1Thu May 27, 2021 11:05 am

I had a pair of Sena SMH5's that I got for my wife and I to use when touring. Worked ok for pillion, though poor at speed. When she passed her test and got her own bike, I switched to a pair of Cardo Packtalk Slims. No large wart issues on the side of the helmet and sound quality is a massive improvement over the cheaper Senas, even at speed. Distance is far better too, we can still communicate even if I've lost sight of her Smile and that's just bluetooth - haven't tried Mesh yet with a larger group.
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

intercoms opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: intercoms opinions   intercoms opinions Icon_minitime1Thu May 27, 2021 5:30 pm

I've got the Ncom system and it works well. Of course it takes a Nolan helmet to use it, but any of the newer 4.1 and above systems seem to work well and are universal to other brands.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

intercoms opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: intercoms opinions   intercoms opinions Icon_minitime1Thu May 27, 2021 7:21 pm

I've been using the Uclear Digital units for years. They are very compact and simple to operate, all without the annoying mic booms. The only thing I've done is upgrade to the Pulse Pro speakers (my com units are about 10 years old)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

intercoms opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: intercoms opinions   intercoms opinions Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:17 am

Also a big 👍for Cardo Packtalk
Great for any kind of audio experience while riding. Can do music with directions over the top.
Take phone calls , comms on Mesh or Bluetooth etc.
Change radio station or from radio to Spotify all with verbal commands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

intercoms opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: intercoms opinions   intercoms opinions Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

intercoms opinions
Page 1 of 1