GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

CARC oil level filler bolt

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BrianD
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
BrianD

CARC oil level filler bolt Empty
PostSubject: CARC oil level filler bolt   CARC oil level filler bolt Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:15 am

Every time I clean and air blast this area there is still a lot of debris in there and its a pain trying to make sure none of it falls down into the CARC.

Is there a cover or alternative bolt that will cover the gap around the original and stop the rubbish getting in there? I have tried grease but that washes off after a period of time.

Something like the caps that go onto bolts in furniture but with bigger cap.

Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

CARC oil level filler bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: CARC oil level filler bolt   CARC oil level filler bolt Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:23 am

In all honesty I'd just suggest giving the whole plug area a good rinse with degreaser and then hit it with the air pistol. It's what we do.

If you want to be *Certain*? After you've refilled it and got the plug back in smear the top with clear silastic. Yup, you'll have to dig it out next time. If you are really this paranoid it's probably a good move.
Back to top Go down

CARC oil level filler bolt
Page 1 of 1