GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Gold valve conversion in forks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RobR
Carlotto
Carlotto
RobR

Gold valve conversion in forks Empty
PostSubject: Gold valve conversion in forks   Gold valve conversion in forks Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:44 am

Hi Guys, I was wondering if there was anyone on the forum who is around 220lb (100kg in gear) who has installed Gold valves in their forks and would be able to share their shim stacks.

I have inherited gold valves in my Tenni green, but the previous/previous/previous owner was apparently one big fellow or rode 2 up. I have had the shim stacks worked by a local shop and took a huge leap forward but I am still not completely happy. I would like to know what Racetech recommends to see how close I am before I start chasing the Holy Grail.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: Gold valve conversion in forks   Gold valve conversion in forks Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:04 am

Have a look at this;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
RobR
Carlotto
Carlotto
RobR

PostSubject: Re: Gold valve conversion in forks   Gold valve conversion in forks Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:44 am

Thanks Nobleswood.
I had read that post and just about every other post on here about the forks. I must have read your posted shim stacks before I was told I had Gold Valves. That's my excuse anyway. So thankyou for drawing my attention to it again.
My rebound stack is very inadequate which i already knew when I ran out of adjustment. I'm going to need some more shims.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gold valve conversion in forks   Gold valve conversion in forks Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Gold valve conversion in forks
Page 1 of 1