12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Steak

Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc. Empty
PostSubject: Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc.   Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc. Icon_minitime1Wed May 29, 2013 1:52 pm

GRiSO 1200 8V - Technical Specifications datasheet

GRiSO 1200 8V - Maintenance Schedule

GRiSO 1200 8V - Recommended Fluids

GRiSO 1200 8V - Fastener Torque Table

If any of these links don't redirect to the correct document, please alert me by PM for correction.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Triman023
Biondino
Biondino
Triman023

PostSubject: Re: Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc.   Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc. Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:08 pm

Be great to have a maintenance schedule that reflects what the pros do on their own bikes.
Some of this stuff looks like overkill (spark plugs, fork seals etc)
Back to top Go down
luxel
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
luxel

PostSubject: Re: Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc.   Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc. Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:13 pm

Any thoughts on using a zinc/phosphorus additive to flat tappet GRiSO oil. I use only Eni 10-60 oil?
Back to top Go down
luxel
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
luxel

PostSubject: Re: Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc.   Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc. Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:14 pm

Any thoughts on using a zinc/phosphorus additive to flat tappet GRiSO oil. I use only Eni 10-60 oil?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc.   Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc. Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:18 pm

It will achieve nothing. The issue is one caused by the tappet loosing contact with the opening flank of the cam at certain engine speeds and hammering on the nose circle of the cam shattering the DLC. No additive will save flat tappets. The only fix is rollerisation. ALL flat tappet top ends will fail. No exceptions.

Pete
Back to top Go down
luxel
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
luxel

PostSubject: Re: Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc.   Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc. Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:28 pm

Thanks Pete for the explanation. I will brace myself for the inevitable. So far 25,000 mi. and not so much as metallic dust on drain plug magnet
Back to top Go down
luxel
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
luxel

PostSubject: Re: Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc.   Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc. Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:30 pm

Back to top Go down
luxel
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
luxel

PostSubject: Re: Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc.   Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc. Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc.   Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc. Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:40 pm

luxel wrote:
Thanks Pete for the explanation. I will brace myself for the inevitable. So far 25,000 mi. and not so much as metallic dust on drain plug magnet

You won't see anything anywhere until things have gone way, way too far. DLC is not magnetic, the steel parent metal will come off in tiny particles right up until the very end, (By which time it will sound unbelievably sick but will still run.) but most of that steel will be caught by the filter. That that isn't will embed in bearings and cause problems down the line.

The magnet itself, both there and in the gearboxes, is not there to protect the engine. What are the chances of an errant piece of ferrous shit passing close enough to be caught? Very small. All it is there for is a tell tale which might hopefully tell you something is awry, it may also tell you nothing at all.

Pull a cambox. All will be revealed.

Pete
Back to top Go down
luxel
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
luxel

PostSubject: Re: Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc.   Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc. Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:26 pm

Thanks again Pete. Great explanation on what is happening in there. Bike is just coming out of winter storage and I'll pull the covers off and try and determine what kit I need to order.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc.   Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc. Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:43 pm

As a 2010 it will either need a 'B' kit or a 'C' kit. The way to tell is to look for the tell tale drill mark in the paint on the face of the head closest to the centreline of the bike. In another recent thread where someone with the same year model was asking the same question he posted up a good pic showing the paint mark. If there is a drill mark you need a 'B' kit. No drill mark? 'C' kit.

As stated in that thread if you need a 'B' kit I would strongly suggest ordering from Europe, (I use Teo Lamers in Holland.) as in the US all the kits are priced the same. In Europe and elsewhere the kits vary in price and the 'B' kit is the cheapest of the lot by several hundred dollars!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc.   Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc. Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:42 am

Do you have any idea of the shipping cost from Europe and custom duty? It may add a significant cost on TLM kits an then less saving?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc.   Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc. Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:37 am

But you're in France?
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc.   Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc. Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:09 am

Yes  Ooh La La 

The question was for those who are interested to buy from TLM and import the goods overseas. They are extra costs that may need to be taken into account.  Wink
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc.   Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc. Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:09 am

That would depend on their country. As far as I know the US doesn't have such imposts. Over here if your order is over $1,000 you run into a world of pain with import duty and GST. Play your cards right and you can make substantial savings. For instance if people order something like a rollerisations kit through me my extra trade discount may mean that although they pay the 'List Price' for the part it will sneak in under the threshold which means they save and I also make a bit.

Pete
Back to top Go down

Maintenance Schedule, Required Fluids, Torquing etc.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: