GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

No Fuel Gauge

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

No Fuel Gauge Empty
PostSubject: No Fuel Gauge   No Fuel Gauge Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:47 pm

So just noticed the 2008 Stelvio has a fuel gauge on its Lcd dash, how come the GRiSO doesn't have this?
Why cant you swap out the unit as its identical? I do realise that the bike needs a sender which it does as has a low fuel warning light.
So does the ecm not have programming for the fuel gauge on the GRiSO is there no way to enable or update it?
Am thinking I should probably have searched this post query before posting on it.
Ok I did that and it threw up a lot of random unrelated stuff.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

No Fuel Gauge Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Fuel Gauge   No Fuel Gauge Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:49 pm

The ECU doesn't have anything to do with the fuel gauge or level sensor. It's controlled by the dash software. Which is not accessible by us mere mortals.

Just use the odometer like the rest of us. If the low fuel light comes on..seek a petroleum dispensary soonest.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

No Fuel Gauge Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Fuel Gauge   No Fuel Gauge Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:04 pm

beetle wrote:

The ECU doesn't have anything to do with the fuel gauge or level sensor. It's controlled by the dash software. Which is not accessible by us mere mortals.

Just use the odometer like the rest of us. If the low fuel light comes on..seek a petroleum dispensary soonest.

Laughing Thats archaic, usually things like that are mere software addons that manufacturers add to new models with few detail changes.
Gear indicators, a fuel guage, the matrix has to be in the screen to allow it.
Already sussed is a trip thing bit tricky first time out, go 100 miles and look for a fuel stop, check quantity left and increase from there 120 -130 and so on.
Prob is remembering to reset the fackin switch Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

No Fuel Gauge Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Fuel Gauge   No Fuel Gauge Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:09 pm

Besides the inaccessible dash logic there is also the fact that the GRiSO doesn't use a float and rheostat type sender in the tank, just a simple thermistor. Dash pin out may be different too, there are a host of variables that would make it far from simple.

My shitheap does 200km to light on in winter and 230km to light on in summer. That's easy enough to remember.

freewaystreak and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

No Fuel Gauge Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Fuel Gauge   No Fuel Gauge Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:04 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Besides the inaccessible dash logic there is also the fact that the GRiSO doesn't use a float and rheostat type sender in the tank, just a simple thermistor. Dash pin out may be different too, there are a host of variables that would make it far from simple.

My shitheap does 200km to light on in winter and 230km to light on in summer. That's easy enough to remember.

Yes but have you had a Stroke yet cus my brain forgets shit.
I can remember major things am really enthused about but minor things like always remembering to reset a trip. Spose I could stick a sticker on it till it becomes habbitual.
Did you checkout the yellow paint on the butterfly set screw thing I posted on my other thread? paint looks intact Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Yahu
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yahu

No Fuel Gauge Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Fuel Gauge   No Fuel Gauge Icon_minitime1Tue May 03, 2022 12:07 pm

Hello.Which could be casting the sudden increase on girl consumption (125km).
Van the reason for this also be the replacement od the silencer on the dedicated Termignoni
Back to top Go down
VTwin
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
VTwin

No Fuel Gauge Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Fuel Gauge   No Fuel Gauge Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:02 am

Someone has did it...don't know how...don't know who...
found at mobile.de, GRiSO 1100....

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

No Fuel Gauge Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Fuel Gauge   No Fuel Gauge Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:20 pm

That's a small tank Stelvio dash. I don't see why that wouldn't work. The early pre ABS Stelvio is more or less identical to the GRiSO as far as electronics and software is concerned. Probably need the fuel sensor as well.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

No Fuel Gauge Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Fuel Gauge   No Fuel Gauge Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

No Fuel Gauge
Page 1 of 1