GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Help needed in NZ!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Help needed in NZ! Empty
PostSubject: Help needed in NZ!   Help needed in NZ! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:36 pm

I have a customer I've just supplied with a 'C' kit in Rolleston which it seems is just a bit south of Christchurch. The problem is that the bloke he had lined up to do the conversion, a guy called Vince Burrell who runs a shop called Guzzi Cafe contacted me after I'd asked the customer to get him to do so has decided it's way out of his comfort zone as he's only previously worked on older carbureted bikes. I've offered to assist with learning and using Guzzidiag via FaceTime or Zoom but I'm afraid that the answer will still be no.

Anyway his other options are the apparently very green 'New' Guzzi dealer who have never done an 8V before which sounds like playing Russian Roulette with four chambers loaded or finding someone else who is competent and not afraid of computers.

So the question is, who is there on the South Island who can be trusted to perform a 'C' kit rollerisation and then tune and remap the bike without fucking up the throttlebodies or mistiming the cams?

Any help greatly appreciated. There must be someone in NZ who lives in the 21'st century and can do this? As I've said, I'm more than willing to help and advise by FaceTime, Zoom or whatever.

Pete

Oz1200Guzzi and guzzig5 like this post

Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

Help needed in NZ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed in NZ!   Help needed in NZ! Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:42 am

Vince is well known here in the Guzzi community, especially for his achievements on the track on a Guzzi.

I don't know anyone else in the South Island still around that could compete with Vince's workshop. However, some from the S.I. might chime in with another opinion.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Help needed in NZ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed in NZ!   Help needed in NZ! Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:57 am

Sadly Vince declined the job. If it wasn't for Covid I could do it or Michael, who has stated an eagerness to resume 'Fly and Fix' jobs in NZ. Obviously not as easy as before but still doable with a bit of space to work.

guzzig5 likes this post

Back to top Go down
tsheep2
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
tsheep2

Help needed in NZ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed in NZ!   Help needed in NZ! Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:18 pm

I would love to learn how to but.......i would need a lot of show & tell coaching.
Asking Roy Gardner in Blenheim if he has any ideas for you.
Roy is retired Air-force educator, he used to teach aircraft mechs. He's super talented at engine/gearbox/diff rebuild on anything guzzi carburetted. Even built himself a vincent in a norton featherbed frame i think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help needed in NZ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed in NZ!   Help needed in NZ! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Help needed in NZ!
Page 1 of 1