GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New Stucchi Geegaw

Go down 
+16
SMTCapeCod
Clancy
lcjohnny
Doc.
JohnA
garyclem
Steak
MotoJezek
triumphd675
BobW981
paulbrice
LBC Tenni
Oz1200Guzzi
Pete Roper
kiwi dave
beetle
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:11 pm

Oil cooler cover.

"new radiator support for GRiSO models, more than 2 kg lighter than the original and with a smaller footprint, it has been designed by our technicians to improve the efficiency of the air-oil cooling system thanks to the Venturi-type forced ventilation system. Furthermore, the new support allows to reduce the overall dimensions and is an excellent alternative to mount the radiator on models that do not have it as standard."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yes, I ordered one. Suspect

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Oz1200Guzzi and LBC Tenni like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:18 pm

beetle wrote:

"new radiator support for GRiSO models, more than 2 kg lighter than the original and with a smaller footprint, it has been designed by our technicians to improve the efficiency of the air-oil cooling system thanks to the Venturi-type forced ventilation system.

Yes, I ordered one.  Suspect

I thought the GRiSO was already over cooling the oil. Wasn't it you that came up with a shield system (that I copied)?

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:27 pm

Each to their own, I think it's hideous Very Happy

I will say that it's probably less damage prone than the standard 'Bread Bin' but to my eye it looks squashed and out of place. I do have a reputation though for being truculent and conservative about things like this though......

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:49 pm

kiwi dave wrote:
I thought the GRiSO was already over cooling the oil.  Wasn't it you that came up with a shield system (that I copied)?

Overcooled? Yes, it sure is. I think you might be thinking of Mark Salkeld -> mark111

I used a piece of cardboard.

Pete Roper wrote:
Each to their own, I think it's hideous Very Happy

I will say that it's probably less damage prone than the standard 'Bread Bin' but to my eye it looks squashed and out of place. I do have a reputation though for being truculent and conservative about things like this though......

Truculent? You? Never! Razz

You do realise that it will be beetleised...probably with a sort of orange hue. Or, it might end up in classifieds, or the bay of fleas.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:58 pm

beetle wrote:
kiwi dave wrote:
I thought the GRiSO was already over cooling the oil.  Wasn't it you that came up with a shield system (that I copied)?

Overcooled? Yes, it sure is. I think you might be thinking of Mark Salkeld -> mark111

I used a piece of cardboard.

No, it was you, not Mark111.

I insert pieces of ice cream container plastic to control the over cooling. It is being monitored by the oil temperature. It never gets too hot here in Kiwiland (most days).

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:30 pm

My thermostat makes airflow control redundant.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:09 pm

Pure geegaw, therefore of no functional improvement.

Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:23 pm

I think it may be an aesthetic improvement if it were all black or painted to match the main color. In silver it looks misplaced. It’s nice to see new farkles for GRiSO at any rate.

Bill Hagan and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:49 am

Here it is in a previous life....

lcjohnny, Doc. and BobW981 like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:54 am

Oh c'mon! That was a genuine attempt to try and stop the centre cylinder from seizing. It didn't work but it was a genuine attempts! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:41 am

I loved my Suzi GT250 & 380 in the mid 1970’s. It may have been a sales gimmick, definitely case for the 250, but stuck out from the crowd. I can’t tell whether that’s a 380 or 550, in truth the 380 was overweight and underpowered

Bob

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
triumphd675
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
triumphd675

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:11 pm

beetle wrote:

Oil cooler cover.

"new radiator support for GRiSO models, more than 2 kg lighter than the original and with a smaller footprint, it has been designed by our technicians to improve the efficiency of the air-oil cooling system thanks to the Venturi-type forced ventilation system. Furthermore, the new support allows to reduce the overall dimensions and is an excellent alternative to mount the radiator on models that do not have it as standard."

Yes, I ordered one.  Suspect

I'm thinking of getting one to replace my rashed up cover from a low-speed, gravel related drop. The factory replacement has been on order since April, with no end in sight. I asked Stucchi for the installation instructions to see how it actually fits, but they gave me this response instead:

:the installation of our support for Moto Guzzi GRiSO is very simple.

It is only necessary to remove the old aluminum support present on the motorcycle and use the brackets supplied with the kit to fix the radiator.

The kit allows a considerable reduction of the mass and a very small footprint compared to the original. the new support also ensures better engine cooling.

the photographic instructions are supplied with the kit but it is really very easy to install and does not require specific mechanical knowledge"

I'm not concerned with my mechanical ability, just trying to figure out how it slaps on. I see a few bolts in their photos, but I'm not sure they line up in a way that makes any sense with the stock version.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:35 pm

The screws in the pics are just for the cover of the cover, I suspect. The main attaching screws are probably underneath.

There's been no status update on my order, so I can't even tell you when mine will likely arrive.

In GRiSO we trust!

triumphd675 likes this post

Back to top Go down
MotoJezek
Carlotto
Carlotto
MotoJezek

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:32 pm

The GRiSO script is a bit gaudy. Just needs some simple slats or holes.

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:32 pm

Everything freight seems to be coming by sea, these days. Between Italy and Orstralia, there is this thing called the Suez Canal. Shipping companies are putting in bigger and bigger ships (yes you Evergreen!) and there is an even bigger one on its way through (or towards it) the Suez.

The original event earlier this year has caused such a backlog, that things are still not back to normal - this means delays. Couple this with ability of suppliers to even supply really complicates things, for us mere mortals who are waiting on bit for bikes!

Very frustrating!

I am waiting on a lower seat for the V85TT and a set of headers to get rid of the colostomy bag - I feel your pain Mark.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:53 pm

I'm in no pain. It's not like I need it yesterday.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
triumphd675
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
triumphd675

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:21 pm

beetle wrote:

I'm in no pain. It's not like I need it yesterday.

Are you still waiting for it?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:12 pm

Yep.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:57 pm

Just remembered what it reminds me of Mark - your rack. Duh, he says, both made by Stucchi.

Don't worry, I am not always this slow, usually I am much, much slower.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:10 pm

C'mon! The Trireme will have barely cleared the harbour wall at Ostia by now. It'll take three weeks to get south and turn left at the bay of Napoli. You can't hurry these things!

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:21 pm

Manyana in action. Those slaves will have tired arms by now! Maybe they'll end up like Conan!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:05 pm

I sent a "where the fuck is my geegaw?" email to Stucchi on Tuesday. In the wee hours of today, I received notification of shipment.

In GRiSO we trust!

Last edited by beetle on Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:51 pm

cheers Indeed!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:04 pm

Delivered a few minutes ago. It's just a piece of stamped (and painted) aluminium, a bracket and some hardware.

It didn't arrive unscathed.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:54 pm

That can easily be man-handled back into shape. I shall inspect same in around a month.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Stucchi Geegaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stucchi Geegaw   New Stucchi Geegaw Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New Stucchi Geegaw
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next