GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Headlight Bulb: Absolute brightest available?

Go down 
+2
paulbrice
whyrichard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
whyrichard
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
whyrichard

Headlight Bulb: Absolute brightest available? Empty
PostSubject: Headlight Bulb: Absolute brightest available?   Headlight Bulb: Absolute brightest available? Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:00 am

Hello all,

As fall settles upon us, and as I notice my night vision beginning to be somewhat less edgy than in my youth.... I was thinking i should upgrade the dim headlight bult on my 2013 GRiSO.

what are the best options? What is the absolute brightest bulb I can get that still allows my bike to recharge and run my phone charger?

Thank you all for you keen advice and experience....

r.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Bulb: Absolute brightest available?   Headlight Bulb: Absolute brightest available? Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:46 am

Lots about LED & headlamps in other threads but here's a cheaper option...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lcjohnny and Bill Dee like this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Bulb: Absolute brightest available?   Headlight Bulb: Absolute brightest available? Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:45 pm

Brilliant Paul
more compact than my carrot carrier Smile
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Bulb: Absolute brightest available?   Headlight Bulb: Absolute brightest available? Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:22 pm

whyrichard wrote:

What is the absolute brightest bulb I can get that still allows my bike to recharge and run my phone charger?

LED is the way to go, but just not an LED bulb but a complete LED headlight.  An LED bulb by itself will be disappointing, as the size of the LED in the bulb is far larger than the filament in the incandescent version.  Therefore the efficiency of the reflector is reduced.

I followed Beetle's lead and installed a LED headlight replacement for a Jeep.  I measured the current consumption at  3.8A (H), 2.2A (L), 0.25A park, i.e. much less than the original incandescent.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Bulb: Absolute brightest available?   Headlight Bulb: Absolute brightest available? Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:59 pm

Any recommendation on the Jeep replacement headlight?
I bought a £40 one and it was terrible no beam definition, just a vague searchlight effect Sad
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Bulb: Absolute brightest available?   Headlight Bulb: Absolute brightest available? Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:37 pm

I had to purchase two, as the sellers were offering them to Jeep people.

But it just so happened that when I tried the remaining one on my 2017 Indian Chief, it fitted perfectly.  

Unfortunately I couldn't get the light to work properly.  There's only three connections, full, dip, and common, but no cigar.

It was the waste of an afternoon.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Bulb: Absolute brightest available?   Headlight Bulb: Absolute brightest available? Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:43 pm

lcjohnny wrote:
Any recommendation on the Jeep replacement headlight?
I bought a £40 one and it was terrible no beam definition, just a vague searchlight effect Sad

I think "£40 one" is the clue here. You need to up the ante.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Bulb: Absolute brightest available?   Headlight Bulb: Absolute brightest available? Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:03 pm

You get what you pay for. Go reputable from a known supplier, such as Motodemic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Bulb: Absolute brightest available?   Headlight Bulb: Absolute brightest available? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Headlight Bulb: Absolute brightest available?
Page 1 of 1