GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Some Kind of Sensor Plug Maybe

Go down 
+2
lcjohnny
Buellbloke
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Some Kind of Sensor Plug Maybe Empty
PostSubject: Some Kind of Sensor Plug Maybe   Some Kind of Sensor Plug Maybe Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:27 am

Whilst removing the alternator belt cover to check the belt for tension and condition, as well as replace the 6 rusted to f*ck bolts with shiny stainless ones.
Unmounted the ECM if thats what it is, has two big cables plugged each side and a yellow or green earth connection. Has a plastic cover over it too.
Above was the plug pictured not fitted to anything.
At first tried to trace it back and for a moment thought I had disconnected the Starter/Kill switch.
It exits the loom same place as the cable, a quick test soon made me realise was not that connection.
So can anyone tell me what it is?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Sensor Plug Maybe   Some Kind of Sensor Plug Maybe Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:44 am

That is the switched powerline that Guzzi provided for a satnav - think it may be a Garmin plug

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Sensor Plug Maybe   Some Kind of Sensor Plug Maybe Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:14 pm

Nope. It's a Tom Tom plug. I wish it was for a Garmin though...

Bill Hagan and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
RedMogAndy
Carlotto
Carlotto
RedMogAndy

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Sensor Plug Maybe   Some Kind of Sensor Plug Maybe Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:48 am

Yes, I snipped it off & used the cable to switch the relay on my heated grips/ USB circuit Cool

Bill Hagan and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Sensor Plug Maybe   Some Kind of Sensor Plug Maybe Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:14 pm

Grisonut wrote:
Nope. It's a Tom Tom plug. I wish it was for a Garmin though...

Think that's an "old style" TT connector. I chopped some of those off to add new-style ones to mine to mount a new TomTom Rider 550.

I have had quite a number of G&T's -- of the wet and GPS kind Wink -- and prefer the former without ice and curse the latter Garmins and TomToms as maddening but necessary annoyances.

I have left over plugs of all sorts if anyone wants something in particular.

Bill

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Sensor Plug Maybe   Some Kind of Sensor Plug Maybe Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:52 pm

I am using a Beeline Beeline linky
- which runs of the google maps on my phone (in my pocket)
Because the screen is off the phone battery lasts all day plus and the beeline runs for 3-4 days before recharge.

Nice and minimalist so it suits the GRiSO (IMHO)

Used it for 11 months now - 7,000 miles

Bill Hagan and RedMogAndy like this post

Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Sensor Plug Maybe   Some Kind of Sensor Plug Maybe Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:44 pm

I have a Beeline too, I can fit it to my GRiSO via a special handlebar mount.

Also can mount it on an electric push bike that I use for exercise after breaking my ankle (scaffold incident).

Have to be careful that I don't run the motorcycle software when riding the push bike or vice-versa.  Can get into all kinds of "situations" then!  Embarassed

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Sensor Plug Maybe   Some Kind of Sensor Plug Maybe Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:37 pm

I have the Beeline in Silver and the handlebar mount.
Used the largest of the rubber inserts with lots of electrical tape still fixed solid.
Did find that the plastic one being lighter sits on the bracket more snug.
The metal versions are quite substantial and heavy in a small way and rattle about which is shit.
Found using an oring glued underneath secures it better until the oring gets forced off.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Sensor Plug Maybe   Some Kind of Sensor Plug Maybe Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:39 pm

Can anyone clarify that bit of the wiring circuit?

It looks like when the Light Logic relay (7) is triggered it connects the feed from fuse 1 (green and black) to the yellow/Black wire feeding that TomTom lead and the alternator exciter coils (connection L) .  

However if you check the voltage on those leads when the engine is not running it is very low - about 4v.
But if you put a 12v light across them it lights up when the engine starts.

So is the yellow and black lead feeding Fuse1 from the alternator or feeding from Fuse1 to the alternator?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Kind of Sensor Plug Maybe   Some Kind of Sensor Plug Maybe Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Some Kind of Sensor Plug Maybe
Page 1 of 1