GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Need a bigger tank bag?

Go down 
+5
MalG
Lazlokovacs
beetle
kiwi dave
Pete Roper
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Need a bigger tank bag? Empty
PostSubject: Need a bigger tank bag?   Need a bigger tank bag? Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:24 am

So I've got Onur's super-dooper tank ring and currently have a small,(And pretty beaten up.) tank bag. Can't remember the model but it's great for nipping down the shops or day rides.

Thing is I need a bigger one because the pannier racks will be being permanently relocated to the Tenni Shitter so I'll need something that I can take enough stuff for an overnighter. Usual stuff, spare jocks and socks, inflatable bedtime companion, goat leggings, toothbrush etc.

The Givi site isn't that helpful. Can anyone tell me which of the bigger bags fits and works. Larger the better. My inflatable friend is 'Comfort' sized.......
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Need a bigger tank bag?   Need a bigger tank bag? Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:14 pm

I've got a 26 (thanks for the correction, Beetle!) litre tank bag that fits straight on to my GRiSO 1200 tank.  It was the largest at the time of purchase, there may be more now.  I also have a smaller 5-6 litre version for day trips.

Last edited by kiwi dave on Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Need a bigger tank bag?   Need a bigger tank bag? Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:52 pm

I just clipped the 26L (thanks again, Beetle!) tank bag on to my GRiSO to check it out.  Quite frankly, I wouldn't want a larger one.  The handlebars can swing side to side (just) and I reckon I would lose sight of the instruments if the tank bag was any taller.

So I purchased the factory tail rack, and also the (last ever available) factory tail bag to fit.  Later, I fitted Hepco & Becker C-Bow pannier racks, and have a reasonable size range of panniers to fit, up to 43 litre if required.

The panniers keep the weight low, and would be my recommendation.

Last edited by kiwi dave on Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Need a bigger tank bag?   Need a bigger tank bag? Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:02 pm

I've got panniers Dave but they'll be going on the dedicated 'Touring' bike. What I'm hoping to find is a suitably large tank bag that will take all my overnight crap so if I decide to take the 'Soon to be no longer green' horror because it will go, stop and handle better away for a night or two I can without all the 'Big' luggage.

I've always hated top boxes, they put the weight in exactly the wrong place. A tank bag and, if needed, a seat bag are my preference for lightweight trips.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Need a bigger tank bag?   Need a bigger tank bag? Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:58 pm

A 43L tank bag? Shocked

That’s huge! Pics, please. My 15L one is about as big as I want to go.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: Need a bigger tank bag?   Need a bigger tank bag? Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:22 pm

I made my own, took the ring clip system out of a givi bag and fixed it to something that suited me better....

If I really fill the tank bag, it sometimes collides with the horn button at walking pace 3 point turns.

Which is surprisingly annoying!

Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: Need a bigger tank bag?   Need a bigger tank bag? Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:30 pm

Small tank bags work better for me. I'd be looking at a banana bag, or similar, over the pillion seat. Should take 40-50 litres & work really well half full. They keep the weight low & over the axle, don't need superstructure, usually tie on at 3 places, so easy on, easy off.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Need a bigger tank bag?   Need a bigger tank bag? Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:27 pm

beetle wrote:

A 43L tank bag? Shocked

That’s huge! Pics, please. My 15L one is about as big as I want to go.

No, not that big.  I think it's only 26 litres.

I was thinking about another appendage! Embarassed

But here's a pix, showing the tank bag

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Need a bigger tank bag?   Need a bigger tank bag? Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:08 pm

That's more like it. Very Happy

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Need a bigger tank bag?   Need a bigger tank bag? Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:49 pm

Try these Pete...

Tully tail bags

Tie them to your seat
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Need a bigger tank bag?   Need a bigger tank bag? Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:19 pm

Not cheap, are they?

The other problem tying them to your seat means you lose access under the seat and the access there.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Need a bigger tank bag?   Need a bigger tank bag? Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:13 pm

Ouch, indeed. Weird, innit? I'm happy to spend stupid money on geegaws, but luggage prices makes my sphincter pucker.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Need a bigger tank bag?   Need a bigger tank bag? Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:14 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
...My inflatable friend is 'Comfort' sized.......

I was just about to ask...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Need a bigger tank bag?   Need a bigger tank bag? Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:18 pm

Under a GRiSO seat there is not that much room anyway! The Sport has heaps of room, however, none of these take much to remove.

I am planning (which can sometimes take months) on a small rack mounted setup as I have the top box mounts anyway (though no top box) and I currently have the Guzzi tail bag which, after 14 years is decidedly shabby, and perishing, so I ordered myself a set (both bags). Worse comes to worse, I can tie them on the seat or on other luggage if I am doing a trip (next one is in March - Ragged Fringe Rally).

Good gear, Aussie company, designed for us bikers, can support them. I already have their backpack and it is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Need a bigger tank bag?   Need a bigger tank bag? Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:37 pm

If you want a top box Tony I have a huge one that I bought back from the US that was used for my trip on my Mana GT. I doubt I'm ever going to use it so it's yours if you'd like it?

I still haven't sorted out all the 1200 Sport stuff but I don't think there is any urgency is there? I'm thinking the best way to do it would be for us to drop it all in at your place on one of our trips up to Townsville. You're basically on the route.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Need a bigger tank bag?   Need a bigger tank bag? Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:45 pm

No, sorry Pete, I really don't want a top box. Appreciate the offer though.

1200 Sport stuff, no rush at all, if you want on your way to Townsville, you are welcome to call it a night here, will have beds available and the pub is close by or we could do something "home cooked". I have plenty of wine to wash down something too and beer and spirits.

Terrible life I lead here, really terrible...
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Need a bigger tank bag?   Need a bigger tank bag? Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:32 pm

Street wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:
...My inflatable friend is 'Comfort' sized.......

I was just about to ask...

Suitcase Suzie!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Need a bigger tank bag?   Need a bigger tank bag? Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:44 pm

If you have to ask, perhaps you shouldn't....
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Need a bigger tank bag?   Need a bigger tank bag? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:52 pm

Hey Pete, I can vouch for the GIVI Expandable 25 liter XS306

It's a very useful size for touring, although a bit too big for day rides.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Need a bigger tank bag?   Need a bigger tank bag? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:02 pm

That's exactly the same one I was referring to at the top of this discussion. Thanks for confirming its capacity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a bigger tank bag?   Need a bigger tank bag? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Need a bigger tank bag?
Page 1 of 1