GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Tank Bag Mounting

Go down 
+3
Grisodude
Steak
Guzziboy66
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Guzziboy66
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Guzziboy66

Tank Bag Mounting Empty
PostSubject: Tank Bag Mounting   Tank Bag Mounting Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:53 am

Has anyone used a "tank ring" mount on a GRiSO?

SW-Motech Tank Ring

Is the tank ring diameter the same on the GRiSO as the Stelvio?
Are the bolt patterns the same?

Givi and Cortech have similar systems, but only SW-Motech seem to have any Guzzi fitment.

The German site shows fitment for the 4v Stelvio, but the US distributor (Twistedthrottle.com) does not.  I'm considering the purchase of a GRiSO and am just thinking a little bit ahead...

Thanks in advance.

Eric
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Tank Bag Mounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Mounting   Tank Bag Mounting Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:22 am

I don't think those will work on the GRiSO with the massive bezel that is part of it's charm.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Guzziboy66
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Guzziboy66

Tank Bag Mounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Mounting   Tank Bag Mounting Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:10 pm

Steak-

Please explain.  I don't understand.  The GRiSO has a nice broad and flat tank top - Plenty of room for a bag.  I like magnetic bags which are not an option so I thought that the ring mount would be an obvious alternative.

I'm actually kinda surprised that it hasn't come up already...

Eric
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Tank Bag Mounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Mounting   Tank Bag Mounting Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:31 pm

As I said, the bezel around the filler is huge. It is singular in its size making it incompatible with bags such as these designed for standard sized gas ports.

More specifically, to answer your question, the GRiSO tank ring is much larger than that on a Stelvio.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Back to top Go down
Guzziboy66
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Guzziboy66

Tank Bag Mounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Mounting   Tank Bag Mounting Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:10 am

Steak,

OK. That part I understand. Thanks.

Eric
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

Tank Bag Mounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Mounting   Tank Bag Mounting Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:40 am

Thanks Guys
Answered a question I had as I looked at these as well.
Couldn't find any info.

Harry
Back to top Go down
Ad B
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Ad B

Tank Bag Mounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Mounting   Tank Bag Mounting Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:39 am

Hi,

I searched also for a tank bag for my G12.
But I did want one which wasn't in contact with the tank. To avoid scratches!!
The SW-Motech were nice and good ones, but no tank bag of them fitted nice on my G12.
I found a tankbag from Givi, the 15 ltr XS307 tanklock.
To fit this Givi tankbag I made a combi of the SW-Motech and Givi mounting system.
I bought a SW-Motech set for the Stelvio and a Givi set for a Ducati 696 2008 (BF 09).
With a bit working on both of them, my tank bag fits perfectly.
From the SW set I only used the ring around the gastankcap, with the holes in it.
In the Givi ring I drilled two holes (the two on the side) and made a bit room for getting my gascap open fully.
Now I can easely take my photocamera and lenses with me and using them rapidly.

Ad B
Back to top Go down
Guzziboy66
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Guzziboy66

Tank Bag Mounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Mounting   Tank Bag Mounting Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:31 am

Ad B,

I had no idea that the SW Motech system could be adapted to work with the GIVI system. That's awesome! Does the the bag come on and off easliy (as designed) or is it in any way cumbersome? Thanks for showing us.

BTW: I like the Italian Flag on your gas cap

Eric
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Tank Bag Mounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Mounting   Tank Bag Mounting Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:00 am

I saw this, which claims to be a new and improved mount:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Tank Bag Mounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Mounting   Tank Bag Mounting Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:01 am

Claims it's for a GRiSO, looks interesting.

Back to top Go down

Tank Bag Mounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Mounting   Tank Bag Mounting Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:50 am

I've been using the sw motech system on my last 3 bikes and will definitly get one when I get the GRiSO. Really do work well.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

Tank Bag Mounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Mounting   Tank Bag Mounting Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:14 pm

guzziownr wrote:
I saw this, which claims to be a new and improved mount:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thoughts?

Those aren't dollars.
Hey, that's not the US.
Poodle Doodle.

DM
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Tank Bag Mounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Mounting   Tank Bag Mounting Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:25 pm

Looks like it's a two piece deal that replaces the inner bezel around the fueling lid that allows for attachment of the Motech base. Seems a nice bit of kit. Spendy, but very nice.

SW Motech EZ Lock mount for the GRiSO

I've got the large factory tankbag, but have never been too fond of it. Refueling is a pain in the butt and it will put corrugate scuffs in the paint without a plastic film protectant.

Might have to start socking away some funds for this. I'm thinking the Daypack or the Sport bag would be good options.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Tank Bag Mounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Mounting   Tank Bag Mounting Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:18 pm

I rotor too have the factory tank bag  and agree about its pain in the arsiness. I've seen the Motech mounts and they certainly look practical but feel that if left in place they would uglify the tank when the bag isn't on.

Nowadays, because if I'm going anywhere by GRiSO I'm going alone and don't camp I find that I can take everything I need for a few nights in a tail bag and tank bag so I've taken the racks off. If I'm going somewhere where I need to take a lot of crap with me I just load up the Mana which is a superb 'Carthorse' with enough carrying capacity for two with ease.

I long ago lost the plastic sheet that came with my tank bag. I just use a clean rag from the workshop under the base and cut a slot in it with a box cutter/Stanley knife for fuel fill ups.

Pete
Back to top Go down

Tank Bag Mounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Mounting   Tank Bag Mounting Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:29 am

The newer "evo" tank ring looks better than my "original" mounting. The black of the evo would blend better.
Back to top Go down
Ad B
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Ad B

Tank Bag Mounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Mounting   Tank Bag Mounting Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:10 am

Hi,

The SW Motech tankring will fit a GRiSO, it's the same as for a Stelvio.
Or as one type Ducati and Moto Morini (maybe even more types).
From this set I used the tankring adapter with number TRT.00.640.030.
(you can see this item in the PDF file "fitting instructions").
I made the Givi set on top of this adapter.
The reason...
I couldn't find a SW Motech bag which fitted my GRiSO properly, my Givi bag does.
The Givi is big enough for me and stays clear of the tank.

Ad B
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tank Bag Mounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Bag Mounting   Tank Bag Mounting Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Tank Bag Mounting
Page 1 of 1