GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Tappet cover protector

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
evansnows
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
evansnows

Tappet cover protector Empty
PostSubject: Tappet cover protector   Tappet cover protector Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:25 pm

To be clear it's only because I had a fall and damaged the tappet cover and plastic that I pursued this idea.
I'd only have experimented if I had spare tappet covers to play with otherwise.
This is where I'm at

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If the idea of a brass or stainless rub strip will work they could be bolted directly onto the tappet covers.
They should give protection without crash bars which Pete points out can damage the frame in a spill.

There's no way I'm interested in making these but if it was thought to be viable someone else may want to develop the idea.

I do intend to produce black fibreglass protectors for the tappet covers and bottom of the oil cooler shroud
because they will be easy and cheap for me to make but that's as far as I'll take it.

CrazyBiker and BobW981 like this post

Back to top Go down
http://c-space-solutions.com/
CrazyBiker
Carlotto
Carlotto
CrazyBiker

PostSubject: Re: Tappet cover protector   Tappet cover protector Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:00 am

Planning to make these? How much?
Back to top Go down
evansnows
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
evansnows

PostSubject: Re: Tappet cover protector   Tappet cover protector Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:08 pm

I do plan to make moulds to produce the parts.

Currently I'm stuck, Pete lent me good tappet covers to take moulds from which I did but they're not
working as I want.

I need a set of trashed tappet covers which I can rebuild to the original shape with body filler and use  them as moulds to make the parts in composite.

I need to reproduce the plastic part in composite so as to be able to use the existing tappet cover bolts to hold them in place.

When (if) I get the trashed covers and finalize them as moulds I'd make the odd set at cost, which would be minimal. They don't take long to make and don't use much material.

Once I have the moulds if anyone wanted to make them as a production part I'd give them the moulds.

I'm retired and enjoy the challenge of working things out but don't intend to get tied down to spending all my time repetitively making stuff.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://c-space-solutions.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tappet cover protector   Tappet cover protector Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Tappet cover protector
Page 1 of 1