GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

ECU/GuzziDiag troubles

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DougMc
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
DougMc

ECU/GuzziDiag troubles Empty
PostSubject: ECU/GuzziDiag troubles   ECU/GuzziDiag troubles Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:38 pm

Hi all,
This is my 2009 rollerized GRiSO. It's been sitting a couple months due to screw in tire and me too lazy to patch it up (it's a brand new tire with only about 50 miles on it and the shops around here won't patch them). Anyway, I patched from inside and went to go for a ride today and there's no start, no click, just the ignition start up sequence with red triangle and unplugged ECU symbol. I tried running Guzzidiag to look for errors (I've loaded the Beetle map) but after the prompt to turn on the ignition and push OK, it then prompts to turn off the ignition. and that's the end. Not very encouraging. I've charged the battery and I've got 12 volts. I don't have that much experience with Guzzidiag, just TPS reset and those things you do after remap. Where do I go from here.
Thanks,
Doug
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: ECU/GuzziDiag troubles   ECU/GuzziDiag troubles Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:29 pm

It won't connect because the ECU isn't powered up, hence the 'ECU Disconnected' icon.

I take it you had the back wheel off? So you had to remove the brake caliper and it probably dangled on the speedo sensor cable? This probably strained the cable and may of cut through the sheath on it somehow causing the sensor to earth and blowing the fuse. That fuse also supplies power to the ECU, hence the symbol on the dash.

Can't remember which fuse it is, second from the back? Anyway get yer multimeter out and check 'em, (Or look at them.) before you replace the blown one disconnect the speedo sensor, (The plug is to the right of the battery towards the rear of the bike, it's the three pin connector from memory.) then replace the fuse and turn on the ignition. If it all works as it should and the ECU disconnected symbol is gone then you've found the problem. Check the length of the speedo sensor cable for nicks and tears in the sheath, it might be repairable. If it isn't a new one isn't a lot of coin.

lcjohnny and DH8a like this post

Back to top Go down
DougMc
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
DougMc

PostSubject: Re: ECU/GuzziDiag troubles   ECU/GuzziDiag troubles Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:41 pm

Thank you Pete! You're spot on of course. I found the speedo sensor cable fairly fused to the caliper mounting bolt where it loops around. I'll see if I can repair and in the meantime source a new cable.
Doug
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: ECU/GuzziDiag troubles   ECU/GuzziDiag troubles Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:36 pm

cheers

lcjohnny and Evilgarfield like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ECU/GuzziDiag troubles   ECU/GuzziDiag troubles Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

ECU/GuzziDiag troubles
Page 1 of 1