GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Becker Technik GRiSO Bike Stand. "Like a Finger in a Bumhole" Upgrade

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Becker Technik GRiSO Bike Stand. "Like a Finger in a Bumhole" Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Becker Technik GRiSO Bike Stand. "Like a Finger in a Bumhole" Upgrade   Becker Technik GRiSO Bike Stand. "Like a Finger in a Bumhole" Upgrade Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:52 am

Uncertain if this topic has been covered before if so my respects to the creator.
Seen a couple different ones the Becker Technik was the cheapest, am not 100% but think another well known vendor sells a similar stand for more claiming it safer.
Am not a fan of the mounting system, two cups sit precariously force pressed on the original tapered bolt heads.
About a thou of metal is all that there is between your bike being supported or slipping off the f*cking stand.
Barely more than a few mm actually surround the bolt head but dont actually rest on it or support it as tapered away.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I've used the stand successfully about 3 or 4 times then when was setting up for swing arm removal this happend.

Caught me by total suprise, was not happy but could have been worse maybe. It's below left peg so less noticable.
Still had to use the stand and use it again when removed it like a twat I let the bike tip  bom

Had a bit of a rant and Mr Beetle suggested a mount modification "like a finger in a bum hole"  Shocked said he  Laughing

Had a think about it and decided to retain some material to act as a washer, was unable to procure a washer same size as head on bolt.
Thought it better that the stand mount butt up against some metal other than the painted surface in the recess of the side plate.
Rotating it could potentially chew into the finish.

Tip: If you go for similar is to mount the bolt with the stand fitting fitted, this will then align the bolt better.
Found right side tended to tighten too low and restrict the mounts access some.

Local engineers machined the bolt heads. They rebuild engines especially diesel boat engines old ones.
Cost me £2.50 a bolt.
So why couldn't Becker have supplied the bolts, en masse production would have added 50p to the price.
I tend to very lightly grease the fitting now its sitting on something more substantial.
Also find lifting the bike is much easier for some reason.
Its defintely much easier lighter even. Certainly feels much more safe, well done Mr Beetle  Cool

cytocycle, Bill Hagan, lcjohnny, Spruce Goose, BowraBoy and CrazyBiker like this post

Back to top Go down
Ad B
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Ad B

PostSubject: Re: Becker Technik GRiSO Bike Stand. "Like a Finger in a Bumhole" Upgrade   Becker Technik GRiSO Bike Stand. "Like a Finger in a Bumhole" Upgrade Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:28 am

Hi,
years ago, I also bought this Becker stand. I was very satisfied with it.
With me, nothing went wrong...
Before that could happen, I made a bigger, safer mounting system.
The numbers in the drawings are in mm... And I made them of stainless steel.
As in 2011 and in 2014, I hope again, this with help others with this "problem"
Unfortunately, I don't drive motorbike anymore. My body didn't like it anymore...
My GRiSO found another enthusiastic boss...
And I bought a quite fast cabrio car, Mercedes SLK 3 ltr V6

Ad B

cytocycle, Oz1200Guzzi, lcjohnny, CrazyBiker and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
CrazyBiker
Carlotto
Carlotto
CrazyBiker

PostSubject: Re: Becker Technik GRiSO Bike Stand. "Like a Finger in a Bumhole" Upgrade   Becker Technik GRiSO Bike Stand. "Like a Finger in a Bumhole" Upgrade Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:30 am

You don't need to reduce the bolt head so much. Grind it down just enough to match the outer diameter and so that it sits snug in the stand catches.

Last edited by CrazyBiker on Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Becker Technik GRiSO Bike Stand. "Like a Finger in a Bumhole" Upgrade   Becker Technik GRiSO Bike Stand. "Like a Finger in a Bumhole" Upgrade Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:06 pm

I never used the originals find the heads too soft chew up easy, retained the washer aspect to impede the stand from damaging the frame.
Whatever works for ya is better than what they came with Cool
Back to top Go down
CrazyBiker
Carlotto
Carlotto
CrazyBiker

PostSubject: Re: Becker Technik GRiSO Bike Stand. "Like a Finger in a Bumhole" Upgrade   Becker Technik GRiSO Bike Stand. "Like a Finger in a Bumhole" Upgrade Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:21 pm

The frame hole is not painted anyway so no question of marring the paint finish. Easier for DIYers to just use a washer than try to file down leaving the bolt lip. A flat washer is easy to find that fits or use a locking washer which is very common.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Becker Technik GRiSO Bike Stand. "Like a Finger in a Bumhole" Upgrade   Becker Technik GRiSO Bike Stand. "Like a Finger in a Bumhole" Upgrade Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:34 pm

CrazyBiker wrote:
The frame hole is not painted anyway so no question of marring the paint finish. Easier for DIYers to just use a washer than try to file down leaving the bolt lip. A flat washer is easy to find that fits or use a locking washer which is very common.

Yours might not be painted but mine is, besides my becker stand doesnt mount all the way up there near the chrome ring it mounts at the bottom under the footpegs  Laughing  
Can't remember why I couldn't source a washer the size I wanted, there was a reason  Rolling Eyes
I believe it's because knew the bolt to fit quite snug, I could't source a washer to fit the thread and be same size as the original head.
Once machined I suppose I could have sourced a washer but was easier to leave sufficient metal to act as one.
I got a local engineer to machine the bolt heads on a lathe took 5mins and cost £2.50 a bolt.
I never considered DIYers hand filing those suckers down Laughing
Stainless is hardened as it is, sounds like you had lots of fun, am glad you enjoyed yourself Cool
Picked the easiest, quickest, nicest, tidiest, engineered version and defo not with them soft headed original bolts.

Last edited by Buellbloke on Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CrazyBiker
Carlotto
Carlotto
CrazyBiker

PostSubject: Re: Becker Technik GRiSO Bike Stand. "Like a Finger in a Bumhole" Upgrade   Becker Technik GRiSO Bike Stand. "Like a Finger in a Bumhole" Upgrade Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:57 pm

I didn't say it mounts at the chrome end 🤦 Laughing Yeah, it was no fun running it on a drill and using a file. Took like 40-45 mins each side.

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Becker Technik GRiSO Bike Stand. "Like a Finger in a Bumhole" Upgrade   Becker Technik GRiSO Bike Stand. "Like a Finger in a Bumhole" Upgrade Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:54 am

Ad B wrote:
Hi,
years ago, I also bought this Becker stand. I was very satisfied with it.
With me, nothing went wrong...
Before that could happen, I made a bigger, safer mounting system.
The numbers in the drawings are in mm... And I made them of stainless steel.
As in 2011 and in 2014, I hope again, this with help others with this "problem"
Unfortunately, I don't drive motorbike anymore. My body didn't like it anymore..

Ad B

Hm, Hope Onur sees this and considers one or another of the solutions...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Becker Technik GRiSO Bike Stand. "Like a Finger in a Bumhole" Upgrade   Becker Technik GRiSO Bike Stand. "Like a Finger in a Bumhole" Upgrade Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Becker Technik GRiSO Bike Stand. "Like a Finger in a Bumhole" Upgrade
Page 1 of 1