GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Dropped me GRiSO

Go down 
+2
SMTCapeCod
Buellbloke
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Dropped me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Dropped me GRiSO   Dropped me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:45 pm

Got diagnosed with anemia yesterday, took bike out messed me right up today, was over heating me brain and forgot to put the side stand down bom
Should have snapped a picture but was too dazed and confused, was seated at the time so went over with it.
Some little asian lad spoke no english helped me right it in no time, and just like that he was gone  Shocked
Smashed rear indicator, small graze on lower left side tail plastic.

Front crash bar took the brunt, bent the crash bar at its uppermost mount about a half centimeter.
Dont knock them hideous front crash bars, simple touch up and beat with a club hammer in a vice rights them and they save you mega bucks on trashed rocker covers.
Like bull bars from the front giving extra width to the engine  Cool
Useless in a slide drop though from what have heard, are better more expensive versions should save the rockers in that event too I reckon!

Slight graze on clutch lever end.
No rocker damage, no peg damage more importantly no exhaust damage, just the stuff above.
Need me a paint code or a near as damn it car paint version might match.. anybody?

Last edited by Buellbloke on Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:04 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

Dropped me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropped me GRiSO   Dropped me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:23 pm

I've come close to that..figure it will happen someday.

Found this- didn't yield the code tho: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Located the site via: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

Dropped me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropped me GRiSO   Dropped me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:38 am

Take a wing off your bike and take it to the nearest paint shop for a match. They have colour detectors for this.

lcjohnny, SMTCapeCod and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
RedMogAndy
Carlotto
Carlotto
RedMogAndy

Dropped me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropped me GRiSO   Dropped me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:19 pm

Also check the bolt holding the gear shift lever to the side plate is straight & crack free - mine wasn't & broke eventually which made changeing gear difficult affraid

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Dropped me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropped me GRiSO   Dropped me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:51 pm

RedMogAndy wrote:
Also check the bolt holding the gear shift lever to the side plate is straight & crack free - mine wasn't & broke eventually which made changeing gear difficult affraid
Definitely recommend replacing this bolt they are a bit pricey - but less than a lever! Btw the lever can be warmed to 220 deg c and straightened easy.

The paint is = Piaggio 525 White Diamond Perl
touch up kit on Fleabay [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by lcjohnny on Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Dropped me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropped me GRiSO   Dropped me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:54 pm

And i hope you are feeling better.

They should do a big shed full of tests to find a cause of the Anaemia as some causes you need to act on ASAP. But some anaemias are called idiopathic because no cause can be found Question
Good luck flower

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Dropped me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropped me GRiSO   Dropped me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:08 am

lcjohnny wrote:
RedMogAndy wrote:
Definitely recommend replacing this bolt they are a bit pricey - but less than a lever! Btw the lever can be warmed to 220 deg c and straightened easy.

The paint is = Piaggio 525 White Diamond Perl
touch up kit on Fleabay [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I replaced the gearshift pin when first bought the bike on beetles recomendation due to it being sloppy.
They are about £8 from Gutsibits.
It never touch down there, though the side stand prong just touched the exhaust manifiold sheild and also loosened the bolts holding it to the stand.

Thank for the colour info dude Cool
Currently using a sticker to hide the chip.

As for the Anaemia been upped to 660mg of Iron the max you can take a day.
Am losing blood due to a polyp that would have got sorted in 2020 but for the fact we was in Covid hell.
Am having blood taken for testing on 22nd and on referral for removal.

lcjohnny and RedMogAndy like this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Dropped me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropped me GRiSO   Dropped me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:37 pm

Sorry to read about all of this.

Most of us have experimented with the laws of physics and discovered that gravity never sleeps.  Darn it.   Sad

On the least important note, I have twice tried that computer-scan for paint match and came away poorer and disappointed.  Maybe your scanners are better over there?

In any event, the nail-polish sections in box stores these days have an astonishing selection of shades. To get a good match -- and avoid stares Wink -- I carry along an easily removed section of the needy Guzzi tupperware with me.  

Best wishes on this and all.

Bill

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Dropped me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropped me GRiSO   Dropped me GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:40 am

Bill Hagan wrote:

Sorry to read about all of this.

Most of us have experimented with the laws of physics and discovered that gravity never sleeps.  Darn it.   Sad

On the least important note, I have twice tried that computer-scan for paint match and came away poorer and disappointed.  Maybe your scanners are better over there?

In any event, the nail-polish sections in box stores these days have an astonishing selection of shades. To get a good match -- and avoid stares Wink -- I carry along an easily removed section of the needy Guzzi tupperware with me.  

Best wishes on this and all.

Bill

Being somewhat late born, my bro and sisters are all 20 years my senior am lacking in a few essentials, sperm, calcium, am colour blind, had flat feet (cured) and spinah biffida (cured at birth thank f*ck).
Am uncertain if the knitting needle mum inserted flipped me breach and nearly killed her in the process Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dropped me GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropped me GRiSO   Dropped me GRiSO Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Dropped me GRiSO
Page 1 of 1