GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

High pitched whine from 110km/h

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

High pitched whine from 110km/h Empty
PostSubject: High pitched whine from 110km/h   High pitched whine from 110km/h Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:23 am

Since a couple of months my GRiSO has developed a new sound! This started after I cleaned and reinstalled the throttle body but I'm not sure if its related. Low speeds everything is fine but from 110km/h a high pitched whine becomes audible which increases in volume reaching its peak at >120km/h overtaking the engine and wind noise.

Any usual suspects? I would normally think wheelbearing but I had the front wheel bearings replaced at a dealership in March.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: High pitched whine from 110km/h   High pitched whine from 110km/h Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:43 am

Can you hear it in 3rd/4th/5th gear?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: High pitched whine from 110km/h   High pitched whine from 110km/h Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:47 am

Are both the drains connected to the airbox and plugged after the TB removal?

If not related to the TB's I'd suggest pulling the bevelbox off and checking that the pinion nut on the input shaft is still tight and secured properly by the tab washer.
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: High pitched whine from 110km/h   High pitched whine from 110km/h Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:25 am

beetle wrote:

Can you hear it in 3rd/4th/5th gear?

Yes in all those gears the sound is the same
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: High pitched whine from 110km/h   High pitched whine from 110km/h Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:30 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Are both the drains connected to the airbox and plugged after the TB removal?

If not related to the TB's I'd suggest pulling the bevelbox off and checking that the pinion nut on the input shaft is still tight and secured properly by the tab washer.

Yes to the first. Second I would have to do at a dealership as I have no way of lifting the bike. TLM did replace the carc bearings this winter. Should I stop riding it?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: High pitched whine from 110km/h   High pitched whine from 110km/h Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:36 pm

motor-timothy wrote:
 Should I stop riding it?

I wouldn't ride it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High pitched whine from 110km/h   High pitched whine from 110km/h Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

High pitched whine from 110km/h
Page 1 of 1