GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Exhaust/ Slip on advice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Salscal
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Salscal

Exhaust/ Slip on advice Empty
PostSubject: Exhaust/ Slip on advice   Exhaust/ Slip on advice Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:29 pm

Hello. I have some slight popping when I let off the throttle. I own a 1200 se 8V. With only 2800 miles on it.
It has a arrow carbon slipon only, I have the db killer or factory baffle instaled. I had an after market baffle previously and in an effort to subside the popping I installed the factory arrow baffle back.
I also remapped it using the arrow exhaust application from beetle.
It runs fine I would just like some advice on how to keep the popping at a minimum.
I have heard that the y connector sometimes lets in air via the gaskets, but the bike has very little use. I purchased the bike with the slip on so I am not sure if the bike has that popping effect with the stock pipe anyways.
Thank you all.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust/ Slip on advice   Exhaust/ Slip on advice Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:57 am

My 2014 would pop on deceleration with the stock pipe from new. I got a Beetle map for the stock pipe and it fixed that and made the whole experience much better. Recently I bought an MIVV muffler with a baffle installed. It still runs great with the Beetle map for the stock pipe. Your bike shouldn’t pop.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust/ Slip on advice   Exhaust/ Slip on advice Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:56 am

Is the bike tuned correctly? Fuel is turned off at idle/closed throttle TPS settings above, (I think?) 2,800rpm. If it's popping on the overrun above that engine speed either the TPS is improperly calibrated or the throttle is being held slightly open.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust/ Slip on advice   Exhaust/ Slip on advice Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Exhaust/ Slip on advice
Page 1 of 1