GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Advice on Handlebars and exhaust?

Go down 
+2
Pete Roper
cheforionlane@gmail.com
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cheforionlane@gmail.com
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
cheforionlane@gmail.com

Advice on Handlebars and exhaust? Empty
PostSubject: Advice on Handlebars and exhaust?   Advice on Handlebars and exhaust? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:04 pm

I’m 5’9 and finding my ride position not the most comfortable for anything over 20 minutes any bars that would bring less of a reach or better angle? Also looking for recommendations on a aftermarket exhaust that has a nice “burble” something to compliment the motors unique sound Smile
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Advice on Handlebars and exhaust?   Advice on Handlebars and exhaust? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:34 pm

Onur's bar risers are effective. Bar choices are there. Mana bars, Rizoma make a couple of sets that will work with the original cables.

Grisodude likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Advice on Handlebars and exhaust?   Advice on Handlebars and exhaust? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:15 pm

I am the same height with stumpy legs (29inch inseam)

I had my saddle repadded to push me 50mm (2 inch )forwards that makes the bars an easy reach and puts the footrests back so i lean forwards off my arse and into the wind - gives me 11hr a day comfort.

Jon
Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

PostSubject: Re: Advice on Handlebars and exhaust?   Advice on Handlebars and exhaust? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:59 pm

Onur's risers are a big help. Aprilia Mana bars work a treat, they are narrower than stock, and with a more comfortable bend, so less of a reach.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Advice on Handlebars and exhaust?   Advice on Handlebars and exhaust? Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:50 am

Another vote for Onur's bar risers-get the taller ones. I've also fitted Rizoma Fatbars MA009B with more pullback, height and they're narrower. It would work for someone your height.

Edit-the cables fit fine with no mods. I had a devil of a job getting one handlebar bolt out.
Back to top Go down
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

PostSubject: Re: Advice on Handlebars and exhaust?   Advice on Handlebars and exhaust? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:26 am

Added a 3/4" stack of washers under the existing risers with longer bolts

Crude but cheap , available and adjustable .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice on Handlebars and exhaust?   Advice on Handlebars and exhaust? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Advice on Handlebars and exhaust?
Page 1 of 1