GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Is there a fruity slip on that doesn't impact the running/mapping?

Go down 
+3
BetaSteve
Pete Roper
BMR
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BMR
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
BMR

Is there a fruity slip on that doesn't impact the running/mapping? Empty
PostSubject: Is there a fruity slip on that doesn't impact the running/mapping?   Is there a fruity slip on that doesn't impact the running/mapping? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:00 pm

Hi, new to the forum here. I have always lusted after a GRiSO, and have finally sprung for one (sight unseen...long story). It's going to get here in the next month. I haven't ridden it yet, but typically change stock cans to something more fruity - but not obnoxious... Can anyone tell me if there is a fairly fruity slip on that won't change the mapping/fuelling of the bike or have the neighbours shooting at me? I think I already know the answer, given prior experiences, but I'm an optimist :-)

Pawel Spoon likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Is there a fruity slip on that doesn't impact the running/mapping?   Is there a fruity slip on that doesn't impact the running/mapping? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:26 pm

Most of the readily available slip ons from known 'Name' suppliers like Mistral or Agostini work well enough and will work better with a dB killer installed, especially on the 8V. They are generally a little louder than the stock system under load without being offensive.

Most slip ons are essentially a hollow tube though. Run them without a dB killer and they are usually loud enough to make riding any distance a bore and will annoy people who don't want their lives impacted by noisy morons.

So what year is your GRiSO?

BMR likes this post

Back to top Go down
BetaSteve
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BetaSteve

PostSubject: Re: Is there a fruity slip on that doesn't impact the running/mapping?   Is there a fruity slip on that doesn't impact the running/mapping? Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:38 am

Site unseen is always an adventure - why not head over to Who You Is, introduce yourself and tell the story? Add pics when it arrives. Nice area of the world to be at should make good pics easily accomplished.

BMR likes this post

Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

PostSubject: Re: Is there a fruity slip on that doesn't impact the running/mapping?   Is there a fruity slip on that doesn't impact the running/mapping? Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:54 pm

What Pete said.

As for my own experience, when I bought my 2014 GRiSO new, I opted to fit the Termignoni exhaust after the bike's 1st service. Part of the reason why I chose the Termi was because it was a factory option for the Guzzi, so I made the somewhat brash assumption that it wouldn't create fueling issues etc.

As it turned out, whilst I loved the sound, it made the bike pop and crackle on the overrun so much that it really annoyed me, so I had to have some adjustment done to the engine mapping. It's 100% good now, but if you are hoping for a "plug & play" solution without tweaking the mapping etc, you may be disappointed.

BMR likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Is there a fruity slip on that doesn't impact the running/mapping?   Is there a fruity slip on that doesn't impact the running/mapping? Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:25 am

My factory Termi' was ok
but not as smooth fuelling as the standard 8 pipe
and not much more "fruity"
and only 1/2 to 2/3 the weight

and (imho) so average looking
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Is there a fruity slip on that doesn't impact the running/mapping?   Is there a fruity slip on that doesn't impact the running/mapping? Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:10 am

Fruity? I was thinking I might see Quebec and blame Google translate, but no. Just kidding!
Most of the aftermarkets that I've heard aren't too obnoxious provided the insert/db silencer is retained. But different options can sound very er..different from one another.
Even with that, it seems like most benefit from a little tweaking of fuel/ignition, but honestly that is easy and fairly cheap on this platform with the support of some experts and afficianados here.

BMR likes this post

Back to top Go down
BMR
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
BMR

PostSubject: Re: Is there a fruity slip on that doesn't impact the running/mapping?   Is there a fruity slip on that doesn't impact the running/mapping? Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:08 am

Thanks, everyone. Lots to think about here. I guess, ride it, evaluate the sound (never even heard one...I know - but I have always admired them from afar when parked and via the 'tube). Sounds like a little fruity burble might require a remap (which I have done on many other bikes, including one of my current ones). As suggested by BetaSteve (hi, neighbour!), I'll head on over to "Who You Is" and fill you in on the details. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

PostSubject: Re: Is there a fruity slip on that doesn't impact the running/mapping?   Is there a fruity slip on that doesn't impact the running/mapping? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:49 am

Bought 07 used with an Arrow slip on
Pretty quiet which suits me fine
Unknown if it required re-mapping but it "fuels" w/o issue
May not be "fruity" enough for you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there a fruity slip on that doesn't impact the running/mapping?   Is there a fruity slip on that doesn't impact the running/mapping? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Is there a fruity slip on that doesn't impact the running/mapping?
Page 1 of 1