GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Spark Plug Wire Replacement

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stoked On Spokes
Carlotto
Carlotto
Stoked On Spokes

Spark Plug Wire Replacement Empty
PostSubject: Spark Plug Wire Replacement   Spark Plug Wire Replacement Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:06 pm

2007 GRiSO 1100

Removed tank to try and remove the cursed oil pressure sensor. Couldn't get to it because my spanner was too long. While I'll tackle that later, I decided to change inner plugs. Pulled the left sparkplug boot and found a melted conductor. So I pulled the entire wire assembly out. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
I tried to find this part, and no one seems to have it in stock. Instead of waiting 3 weeks, can I substitute this with a different one? How about a car sparkplug wire and cover? Any ideas? Thanks. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Wire Replacement   Spark Plug Wire Replacement Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:35 pm

Any copper sparkplug wire will do, the important thing is cutting it clean so that the plug cap screws down the middle of the copper. At the coil end I usually expose 15mm of copper strands and fold them back around the cable before crimping the coil connector on.

NGK have been making the most reliable sparkplug caps since 1971 - so i would go with those Smile

Stoked On Spokes likes this post

Back to top Go down
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Wire Replacement   Spark Plug Wire Replacement Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:47 am

Got the NGK caps quickly from M-G Cycles
They are "nearby" for you
Back to top Go down
TheMuffinMan
Carlotto
Carlotto
TheMuffinMan

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Wire Replacement   Spark Plug Wire Replacement Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:59 am

I bought CK3 plugs on Amazon and went down to the local NAPA to get some plug wire connectors on the coil side though ideally you get metric sized coil connectors. I have to mash the plug wires down when putting the plastic covers on but it works OK, I like the one-piece design of the CK3's too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Stoked On Spokes
Carlotto
Carlotto
Stoked On Spokes

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Wire Replacement   Spark Plug Wire Replacement Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:14 pm

I kept the wire and changed out the boot. The online motorcycle shop I bought at swore it was a direct replacement. It wasn't. I had to shave the rubber to get it to fit. Actually went too far and hit plastic connector. I used plastic dip to repair it. Snug as a bug now. I have an oem boot on order but I may just use that as a spare down the road. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug Wire Replacement   Spark Plug Wire Replacement Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Spark Plug Wire Replacement
Page 1 of 1