GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Shifting into Neutral when Hot Problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMuffinMan
Carlotto
Carlotto
TheMuffinMan

Shifting into Neutral when Hot Problem Empty
PostSubject: Shifting into Neutral when Hot Problem   Shifting into Neutral when Hot Problem Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:25 am

When the bike is warm and I pull up to a stoplight I can't shift into neutral from first or second. I tried varying amounts of foot pressure and still no dice it just shifts past N either direction I try from, with a clunk, but I always get a clunk going into 1st. When the bike is cold or off I can get into neutral no problem though. Any ideas?

It's not the light on the dash (which has it's own problems with a loose connector) it's actually getting into N despite what the dash light says.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Shifting into Neutral when Hot Problem   Shifting into Neutral when Hot Problem Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:02 am

Have you tried adjusting the plunger in the barrel on the clutch lever?

This sounds like the classic problem of the plunger being wound back too far.

Is the problem more or less pronounced depending on where the span wheel is adjusted?
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Shifting into Neutral when Hot Problem   Shifting into Neutral when Hot Problem Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:34 pm

Try to bleed the fluid...
The 8V mill is really hard on the clutch fluid.
I had to do that on my 09 every 2000 miles or so and it also did help with a lighter action on clutch pull.
That bike was a real mofo to operate its clutch...super hard action no matter what.
Back to top Go down
TheMuffinMan
Carlotto
Carlotto
TheMuffinMan

PostSubject: Re: Shifting into Neutral when Hot Problem   Shifting into Neutral when Hot Problem Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:52 pm

Adjusting the lever to the furthest out position (#4 if I remember correctly) helps some I can get into neutral when dropping down from 2nd which is still a little challenging to do but I can do it now when hot and the bike's running. I have short fingers so I had it on position 2. I will flush and bleed the clutch too soon™.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Shifting into Neutral when Hot Problem   Shifting into Neutral when Hot Problem Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:17 am

Try adjusting the plunger out a tad.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Shifting into Neutral when Hot Problem   Shifting into Neutral when Hot Problem Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:47 am

Do one thing first, than see if you get any improvements.
If so, you'll know what to do if it happens again...

As far as adjusting the plunger like Pete rightly recommends, do half a turn first because I can't see going more than a full turn if no one has messed with the clutch previously or if the bike has a low mileage. If it was fine when you first had the bike, you can't be too far from the truth on that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shifting into Neutral when Hot Problem   Shifting into Neutral when Hot Problem Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Shifting into Neutral when Hot Problem
Page 1 of 1