GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Clutch pushrod service

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

Clutch pushrod service Empty
PostSubject: Clutch pushrod service   Clutch pushrod service Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:26 am

Is it a service item to disassemble and lube the clutch pushrod mechanism whilst I have the swingarm and shock out?

I’m making a list for when I pickup my bike on Monday. Bike is a 2016 with 10k kilometres.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pushrod service   Clutch pushrod service Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:27 am

No.

And

No.

Stromgriso, kindoy2 and Andrewpatrol like this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pushrod service   Clutch pushrod service Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:24 pm

Pete (or anyone who has done this)
Is it possible to determine the correct clutch control rod length without special tool 020678Y

I am putting in a replacement gearbox (which comes with it's own clutch control rod and thrust body) and want to check which rod i should use.

Thanks

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pushrod service   Clutch pushrod service Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:34 pm

I'd use the one that was installed with the clutch you are using. ie the one from the broken gearbox. The different lengths are there to cope with differences in the clutch assembly, not the length of the box itself which has to be accurate or the engine mounting bolts wouldn't line up.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
BrianD
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
BrianD

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pushrod service   Clutch pushrod service Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:29 am

I was wondering if it possible to extract the clutch pushrod from the rear of the gearbox as there are a couple of sleeves on the rod normally that will slide?

would the sleeves get pushed to the clutch end on re-insertion?

just wondering ...
Back to top Go down
alanlemansiv
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
alanlemansiv

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pushrod service   Clutch pushrod service Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:16 pm

I have a squeak from my clutch when I pull the clutch in (bike not running) when I am riding the bike I getting a ringing sound (for want of a better word) from the gearbox. I have while riding the bike pulled the clutch in and the sound goes away, when I reengage the clutch while riding the sound is there again.
I currently have the rear end out to check the swingarm bearings, is there a way of pulling out the clutch push rod from the rear of the bike to check, I have removed the clutch save cylinder from the rear and it appears I am unable to remove the push rod.
The bike is a 1200 2 valve sport with approximately 40K on the clock, any assistance or ideas would be appreciated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pushrod service   Clutch pushrod service Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Clutch pushrod service
Page 1 of 1