GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Need a reliable battery

Go down 
+6
bjor
Pete Roper
SemperVee1
JohnA
beetle
whyrichard
10 posters
AuthorMessage
whyrichard
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
whyrichard

Need a reliable battery Empty
PostSubject: Need a reliable battery   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:30 pm

Hello!

My battery keeps dying, i got rid of a battery drain a year or so ago but now this thing just won't hold a charge for much time at all.

Can you all recommend the best battery I can get for my GRiSO? 1200 se?

Thanks,
Richard
Back to top Go down
whyrichard
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
whyrichard

PostSubject: Re: Need a reliable battery   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

should i splurge on a lithium ion lightweight battery such as this????

thanks guys,
r.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Need a reliable battery   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:27 am

Yes!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Need a reliable battery   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:41 am

I just bought an Antigravity AT12 Lithium at the recommendation of someone here plus Beetles thumbs up on lithium. Bought on Amazon for $210. 360 CCA and the width is the same as the oem but gives you more room all around otherwise and weighs almost nothing. 2.5 lbs? Glad I did it.

Stephen Lindsay likes this post

Back to top Go down
SemperVee1
Carlotto
Carlotto
SemperVee1

PostSubject: Re: Need a reliable battery   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:27 am

Chrome Batteries are the best warranty and least expensive that last a long time that I highly recommend.  Can get direct or from Amazon and come with 100% non prorated 24 month warranty for $58 + TAX.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Need a reliable battery   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:54 pm

+1 for Antigravity batteries. I run an AG-1201 because of it's wee size at 4.50 x 3.25 x 4.25 inches. It's the only one with 360 CCA that fits due to my..er..modifications. Very Happy

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Need a reliable battery   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:12 pm

Because of the problems I was having with the AGM's going flat on my Mana and burning out the solenoid contacts I recently squeezed enough money out of my extremely tight wallet for a LiFe battery for it, simply because they are supposed to stand up to longer periods of inactivity better than an AGM.

It certainly delivers. Even if I don't ride the bike for ten days or more it fires up within a couple of revolutions first stab of the button. I'm impressed. Next time one of the GRiSO batteries takes a dump I'll be sticking one in them too.
Back to top Go down
whyrichard
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
whyrichard

PostSubject: Re: Need a reliable battery   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:19 pm

JohnA wrote:
I just bought an Antigravity AT12 Lithium at the recommendation of someone here plus Beetles thumbs up on lithium. Bought on Amazon for $210. 360 CCA and the width is the same as the oem but gives you more room all around otherwise and weighs almost nothing. 2.5 lbs? Glad I did it.

Could you give me an Amazon link???

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Need a reliable battery   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:48 am

Hi Richard,

Here you go. Look like the price went up a little...........like everything else. To Pete's point, it keeps a charge much better than my AGM battery did. When I turn the key on after a week of non activity, it usually shows 12.9V to 13.2
It has a restart feature you'll have to read about. I bought a new charger for the Lithium batteries too but I'm not sure I'll ever need it.

Dimensions (LWH) 5.9 x 2.75 x 5.12 inches
Weight 2.35 lbs
Voltage 12.8 Volts
Amp Hours 12 Ah (PbEq)/ 6.1 Ah (Actual)
Cranking Amps 360 CA
Back to top Go down
whyrichard
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
whyrichard

PostSubject: Re: Need a reliable battery   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:51 am

JohnA wrote:
Hi Richard,

Here you go. Look like the price went up a little...........like everything else. To Pete's point, it keeps a charge much better than my AGM battery did. When I turn the key on after a week of non activity, it usually shows 12.9V to 13.2
It has a restart feature you'll have to read about. I bought a new charger for the Lithium batteries too but I'm not sure I'll ever need it.

Weight 2.35 lbs
Voltage 12.8 Volts
Cranking Amps 360 CA

thank you so much! what is the "restart" feature????

this is great... happy autumn riding!

r.

edboner likes this post

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Need a reliable battery   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:39 am

You should read about the restart feature or look at their video. Might even be on the Revzilla site.
It keeps the battery from running down if you happen to leave something on that is draining your battery. It basically shuts down so it has enough juice to start you. There is a button on the top of the battery to push to “restart” it.
Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

PostSubject: Re: Need a reliable battery   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:27 am

JohnA wrote:
You should read about the restart feature or look at their video. Might even be on the Revzilla site.

I found this on Revzilla: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

However, after about half the video was finished my ears and brain was totally worn out by all the talking. How is it possible to talk so much to get a rather modest message out!? I just don't understand it... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Need a reliable battery   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:01 am

Bjor,
You are too funny. Yes, they can talk fast and long at Revzilla.
If you go to Amazon and select the battery, they have a video or two about the battery that is concise and to the point.

bjor likes this post

Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

PostSubject: Re: Need a reliable battery   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:19 am

JohnA wrote:
Bjor,
You are too funny. Yes, they can talk fast and long at Revzilla.
If you go to Amazon and select the battery, they have a video or two about the battery that is concise and to the point.

Oh, what a relief, - balm for the soul... cheers
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

PostSubject: Re: Need a reliable battery   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:11 pm

For any of you who have the SSB LFP20CH-BS powersport battery, it appears to be shorter than the original Yuasa. Specs I can find online show a terminal height of 161mm for the Yuasa versus only 104mm for the SSB. So, are spacers available, or do I need to find an appropriately sized block of wood?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Need a reliable battery   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:26 pm

The SSB’s come with spacers. They go underneath, don’t they Craig?

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

PostSubject: Re: Need a reliable battery   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:39 pm

I think you may be correct Beetle regarding the spacer. A search of the interwebs mentions a spacer that comes with the battery.

Another question though, I believe that trickle chargers are a no-no for these batteries. So, if I'm leaving the bike for long periods unused, how do I stop a lithium battery going flat over time? Do I just leave it, and every 6 or so weeks plug in a charger for 30 mins or so?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Need a reliable battery   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:01 pm

I know I'm correct. I've used SSB batteries. Very Happy

I usually chuck the charger on if I haven't ridden for a month. Only takes 15 - 20 mins to top up.
There's nowt wrong with using a trickle charger, as long as it doesn't have a desulphating circuit. It will kill them quicksmart. Just use a regular battery charger. No fancy lithium charger required.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

PostSubject: Re: Need a reliable battery   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:48 pm

beetle wrote:

I know I'm correct. I've used SSB batteries. Very Happy

But you had to ask Craig if the spacers go underneath…………. Smile
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Need a reliable battery   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:17 am

All will be revealed...if Craig responds....

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: Need a reliable battery   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:19 pm

beetle wrote:

The SSB’s come with spacers. They go underneath, don’t they Craig?

Where else would they go mate?
It's not as if anyone would go and put them on top of the battery....

Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

PostSubject: Re: Need a reliable battery   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:16 am

I pulled the trigger on an SSB Lithium today. At 8 years of age, I considered I was pushing my luck with the OEM Yuasa. Should arrive in a day or two. Will throw it in and see how it fares. If nothing else, I save 10kgs of weight compared to the Yuasa.
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Need a reliable battery   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1Thu May 18, 2023 8:22 am

Bought and installed a Shyrich lithium battery. Easy Cool

kidsmoke and bjor like this post

Back to top Go down
edboner
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
edboner

PostSubject: Thanks and ordered just now…   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:10 pm

Perfect. I like the restart feature if I ever use it or need it. Looking forward to lighter as well. The Yuasa on the bike works fine, but makes me nervous at 7 years.

whyrichard wrote:
JohnA wrote:
Hi Richard,

Weight 2.35 lbs
Voltage 12.8 Volts
Cranking Amps 360 CA

thank you so much! what is the "restart" feature????

this is great... happy autumn riding!

r.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a reliable battery   Need a reliable battery Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Need a reliable battery
Page 1 of 1