GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Guzzi Diag LH injector test

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dean68uk
Carlotto
Carlotto

Guzzi Diag LH injector test - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:00 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dean68uk
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:01 am

Now looking for a 1200 fuel pump.
Back to top Go down
Dean68uk
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:29 am

My pump says it is part number 06107200 which says its an 1100 pump? Is this correct?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:31 am

EBay will show up a plethora of pumps. Not the whole assembly as it is sold by Piaggio but just the pump. They are usually available for under £20 I think. As for the filter? Once again many aftermarket options.

With the hose make sure the replacement is a hose rated as fully submersible. Ordinary FI hose won't do the trick, at least not for long.

If the assembly as been water affected, as it looks like, I'd also suggest checking the pressure relief valve carefully as these can rust their spring out and fail.

Lastly. Make sure that both the tank vent hose and, most importantly, the gutter drain from the filler, are clear and able to flow. It looks like your tank has had a lot of water getting in to it and the commonest cause for that is a blocked gutter drain.

(Edit.)All the GRiSO fuel pump assemblies are the same but as I said you don't need the whole, stupidly expensive, thing. Just the pump, which is a generic Chinese part available on eBay.

To whit.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Pete Roper on Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Dean68uk likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dean68uk
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:34 am

Pump looks really rotten. Probably safer to find a good used one. Which part number to use? my part number is 06107200A which searching says it from an 1100?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:19 am

Same pump in 1100 & 1200. Guzzi part number is 887423.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Dean68uk likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:43 pm

Glad you found the fault

Note what Pete says about water in the tank - the drain from the gutter around the filler is very likely to block where the pipe leaves the tank at the back - if it is blocked rain water will get into the tank
Back to top Go down
Dean68uk
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:34 pm

Yes its blocked so currently soaking the tube with white vinegar. Tank vent is ok. 👍

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:53 am

I had to 'open' mine with a 1mm then 2.5mm drill rotated by hand
Nb you don't want to drill through the pipe behind it into the tank!
Back to top Go down
Dean68uk
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:06 am

Been soaking in vinegar all day How big was your blockage?
Will try a drill bit too. cheers for the tip.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:13 am

Nb the connectors to the pipes are meant to unscrew from the tank - which would make cleaning easier.  Mine was just rotating and not undoing hence I attacked it with a drill Sad

It was blocked with white salty crystals for about 20mm with 1mm drill. I think that the 2.5mm found crystals for about 25mm.

That far towards the plastic inside felt worrying - but no problems.

(I was going to blame the crystals on UK road salt - but i guess you don't get much of that in Bahrain lol)
Back to top Go down
Doc.
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Doc.

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:49 am

Late to the Party (as usual).
I was just about to start a new Thread, but thought it best to just add to this one.

I had the same issue back in July, on a 2017 (registered) Norge GT.

R/H Injector puffed away nicely in the GuzziDiag Test, nothing from the L/H one, although is 'felt' exactly like the R/H one in my Hand, I could feel a 'clicking/pulsing' through the Body.
Because the Bike ran fine, I thought it was probably just a 'glitch', and so thought no more about it.

Fast Forward to a few days ago.
Was helping out a friend with his 2008 Stelvio.

It had been running fine, then one day it just wouldn't start.

It seemed to be firing on one Cylinder, when it did fire, and opening the Throttle a tiny bit helped, but it just wouldn't catch.

Tested the Injectors with GuzziDiag, and similar to the Norge I did in July, the R/H one puffed away nicely, nothing from the L/H one.
Swapped them over L-to-R, same result, nothing from the L/H one. but the R/H one puffed, when the L/H one was selected . . .
Thinking about it now after what Mark said above, the Norge was probably doing the same, but I was working alone, so only had one side at a time removed from the Inlet Fitting.

I contacted Bernd, he created GuzziDiag.

He replied . . .
Quote :
I never heard of this.
But I don't know how many people ever did these tests.
At the time of implementation it was working correctly, but I cannot remember which bike it was.
I will have a look in the 5AM code to check this and ask a friend of mine with a Norge 2V to make a cross check.

Then around an hour later I got this from him . . .
Quote :
Ups ...

You found a bug.
I will fix it asap.

Bernd

So there we go, soon we'll be able to test both sides via GD.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:44 pm

You still can if you use v0.47. I've not had the need or desire to update to v0.60.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Doc.
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Doc.

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:03 pm

V0.06 added the ABS 'Bleed' Function for the Bosch and Conti Units, or was supposed to.
Apparently the ABS Unit on mine won't 'play' . . .
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:27 pm

I don't think I know of anyone who's used the ABS option successfully. Doesn't mean it doesn't work...might be just my shit memory.

You don't have an ATE ABS module by any chance? You wouldn't be the first Stelvio owner without a Bosch or Conti module.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:35 pm

OPs who end a problem string with the final problem and solution are a gift to all of us

Thank you sir
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi Diag LH injector test   Guzzi Diag LH injector test - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Guzzi Diag LH injector test
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2