GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Scanm5x instead of diag

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
melonman
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
melonman

Scanm5x instead of diag Empty
PostSubject: Scanm5x instead of diag   Scanm5x instead of diag Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:50 pm

Hi...my laptop has just died which i used for guzzidiag on my breva 1100 (sorry not GRiSO ).
Thinking of using scanm5x for tps and co trim using bluetooth adaptor...is this a good idea or should i just buy a new laptop and stick with guzzi diag ?
Cheers craig
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Scanm5x instead of diag   Scanm5x instead of diag Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:19 pm

ScanM5X works just fine for TPS & CO trim. I use it occasionally.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
melonman
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
melonman

PostSubject: Re: Scanm5x instead of diag   Scanm5x instead of diag Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:51 am

Cheers for the reply Mark
Back to top Go down
melonman
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
melonman

PostSubject: Re: Scanm5x instead of diag   Scanm5x instead of diag Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:35 am

@beetle ...i assume this will work for the breva 1100 ecu ?
Cheers craig
Back to top Go down
voulga77
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
voulga77

PostSubject: Re: Scanm5x instead of diag   Scanm5x instead of diag Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:50 am

I'd consider buying an old cheap laptop and have Guzzidiag installed in it. It's a useful tool, you'll need it in the future.
Back to top Go down
melonman
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
melonman

PostSubject: Re: Scanm5x instead of diag   Scanm5x instead of diag Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:57 am

Hi voulga...yeah thats what i had but only ever use diag for tps reset or co trim...bike has a beetle map on it which is spot on...the advantage of scanm5x is i have the old phones...i can use it on the fly and i can easily take the phone on tour were as a laptop is bulky and fragile.
Cheers craig
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Scanm5x instead of diag   Scanm5x instead of diag Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:10 pm

ScanM5X works on any CARC bike. It's made specifically for the 5AM & 59M ECU.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
melonman
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
melonman

PostSubject: Re: Scanm5x instead of diag   Scanm5x instead of diag Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:45 am

Hi...i have been trying to setup and use scanm5x with a bluetooth elm327 adaptor.
I get a red led on the elm to show i have power....my android phone finds bluetooth obd 2 and connects to it with no issue.but i cannot connect the smart app to the bike...i seem to of tried every button on the screen and in the menu but nothing works.when i try to connect and it gives options my obd is there but it just says error socket blocked or timed out...i have uninstalled and reinstalled the app...restarted my phone and tried another phone...same result...anybody out there with any pointers...i know @beetle has used this before.
Cheers craig
Ps breva 1100 non abs
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Scanm5x instead of diag   Scanm5x instead of diag Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:27 pm

Try this. Delete the ELM27 from paired devices on the phone, and delete the file ScanELM.txt from the scanM5X folder.

Switch the key on. Connect the red lead to the battery and open the ScanM5X app to discover the ELM.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Scanm5x instead of diag   Scanm5x instead of diag Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:22 am

While on the subject of tuning, sort of, other than doing a tps reset when tuning, are there other things that should be performed periodically, such as “reset learning parameters “ ??
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Scanm5x instead of diag   Scanm5x instead of diag Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:22 pm

Only if you're running a stock map.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Scanm5x instead of diag   Scanm5x instead of diag Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:08 am

Thank you Mark. No stock map for me…….
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scanm5x instead of diag   Scanm5x instead of diag Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Scanm5x instead of diag
Page 1 of 1