GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MotoCuzzi13
Carlotto
Carlotto
MotoCuzzi13

Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area Empty
PostSubject: Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area   Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:38 am

All,

As the title suggests, looking for fellow riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area. I'd love to get some rides in with fellow Guzzi riders!

SMTCapeCod likes this post

Back to top Go down
TonyL2027
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
TonyL2027

PostSubject: Re: Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area   Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:47 am

Have you tried the bike and breakfast thing? There's a couple of guzzi owners that show up for that, myself included. I ride my zero sometimes though.
Back to top Go down
TonyL2027
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
TonyL2027

PostSubject: Re: Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area   Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
MotoCuzzi13
Carlotto
Carlotto
MotoCuzzi13

PostSubject: Re: Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area   Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:03 pm

TonyL2027 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I go to the poolesville, MD one. I may have to try the Clifton one!
Back to top Go down
TonyL2027
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
TonyL2027

PostSubject: Re: Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area   Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:44 pm

That's not far from me either... My guzzi has a dead battery. New one should be here tomorrow but I probably won't ride until March.

MotoCuzzi13 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area   Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:37 pm

MotoCuzzi13 wrote:
All,

As the title suggests, looking for fellow riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area. I'd love to get some rides in with fellow Guzzi riders!

As always, come out of the Metroblob sometime to the Moto Grappa and the fine riding in the "Real Northern Virginia" of Frederick County and environs.

This starts out of my driveway:

Giovanni Sciannameo, a small-block guy in the Blob, is coming out tomorrow to kick tires.

I am having another iteration of the Moto Grappa Tech Day event next month.  My wife calls it a Guzzi Guy Gathering & Slumber Party -- and leaves town 'til it's over.   cheers   Let me know if interested in attending.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Hagan on Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MotoCuzzi13
Carlotto
Carlotto
MotoCuzzi13

PostSubject: Re: Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area   Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:35 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:
MotoCuzzi13 wrote:
All,

As always, come out of the Metroblob sometime to the Moto Grappa and the fine riding in the "Real Northern Virgibnia" of Frederick County and environs.

Giovanni Sciannameo, a small-block guy in the Blob, is coming out tomorrow to kick tires.

I am having another iteration of the Moto Grappa Tech Day event next month.  My wife calls it a Guzzi Guy Gathering & Slumber Party -- and leaves town 'til it's over.   cheers   Let me know if interested in attending.

Bill

I may be interested. Do you guys go for rides too? That's what I'm mostly interested: like a regular planned group ride to different places, etc! I'm always riding the back roads when I can!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area   Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:27 pm

MotoCuzzi13 wrote:
Bill Hagan wrote:
MotoCuzzi13 wrote:
All,

As always, come out of the Metroblob sometime to the Moto Grappa and the fine riding in the "Real Northern Virgibnia" of Frederick County and environs.

Bill

I may be interested. Do you guys go for rides too? That's what I'm mostly interested: like a regular planned group ride to different places, etc! I'm always riding the back roads when I can!

Ride?

Nah.  We just talk about that, and mostly just eat, drink, get merry.   tongue

Lordy, of course we ride.  But usually not in February when temps, precip, and VDOT chemical experiments on the pavement makes that hard on machines, and often dangerous for riders.

While there are the occasional balmy days in midwinter that follow rain that has washed off the aforementioned VDOT chemicals, those are few, and I reserve those for solo rides on my Stornello.

Moreover, none of the usual suspects -- all serious and accomplished riders -- who attend are "group riders," at least not of more than three or so at a time.  Larger group rides, in our opinions, often are dangerous, slow, and filled with maddening stops as everyone's bladders are different sizes, etc., after etc.

So, MGTD are more about maintenance tips and tricks leavened with conviviality than riding.  See, e.g., last year's: MGTD MMXXII

Moreover, the MGTD is an invitational, and, unless prospective candidates are willing to endure a rather onerous initiation rite, followed by said candidates picking up the bar tab at the fanciest restaurant we can find in Winchester, well, you may want to retract your "I may be interested."  cheers

Bill

Shopteacher likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shopteacher
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Shopteacher

PostSubject: Re: Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area   Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:23 pm

I need to get together with others for a ride. Currently riding an Enfield INT 650 but looking for a Guzzi

Bill Hagan and MotoCuzzi13 like this post

Back to top Go down
Shopteacher
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Shopteacher

PostSubject: "new" GRiSO owner who wants to ride.   Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:51 pm

I am the proud owner of a 2015 GRiSO that will arrive within a few hours.  I am looking forward to riding with folks so send me a message.

Bill Hagan and SMTCapeCod like this post

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area   Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:08 am

Let me know if you're ever on east coast of florida the riding weather is good here 99%of the year. I rode down to Vero beach yesterday with some harley friends and it was neat to see a crowd checking out the 1100 GRiSO asking bunches of ? and ignoring the high dollar hogs lol
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area   Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:08 pm

Shopteacher wrote:
I am the proud owner of a 2015 GRiSO that will arrive within a few hours.  I am looking forward to riding with folks so send me a message.

Tell us more ... with pix. cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area   Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Looking for fellow Moto Guzzi riders in the Maryland/Virginia/DMV area
Page 1 of 1