GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Surging and bucking is banished!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Surging and bucking is banished! Empty
PostSubject: Surging and bucking is banished!   Surging and bucking is banished! Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:53 pm

thanks to Pete Roper and MG Cycle the new phase sensor is installed and life has returned.

The new sensor does not say  Magnetti Marelli but it did have a white label with “V11” which I took as a good sign.

I tipped up the front of the tank to fish the cable in and out but not a difficult fix. Old part pictured below.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Svartipants likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Surging and bucking is banished!   Surging and bucking is banished! Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:07 pm

Good-o! They're a weird thing. Some seemingly last forever, some seem to fail randomly. Heat has a lot to do with it in fact I'm not entirely sure heat related failure isn't a deliberate fail-safe to save the engine in extremis but I have no written evidence to suggest that.

A spare one is something I'm thinking it might be wise for me to start carrying if I head off on a long trip out in urine drinking territory on the GRiSO Turismo. It's not like they are bulky or take up a lot of space! Both my Grisos are getting fairly long in the tooth, although Red Bike it's more years than miles. If anything is going to go wrong with them it'll probably be electrical.

Oh, and your sort of intermittent failure is pretty uncommon. Usually they work or they don't. Bucking and surging as the sensor cuts in and out is rare. Usually you just get a sudden shut down or a non start event, usually when hot. Simplest way to diagnose is to pull a plug cap and stick a plug in it and rest it on the head and hit the button. No spark? Most likely the phase sensor.

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Surging and bucking is banished!   Surging and bucking is banished! Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:17 am

glad you figured it out!
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Surging and bucking is banished!   Surging and bucking is banished! Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:42 pm

I had to ask Pete as my traditional method of diagnosis failed me.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oz1200Guzzi and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surging and bucking is banished!   Surging and bucking is banished! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Surging and bucking is banished!
Page 1 of 1