GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO into the remote wild

Go down 
+4
Pete Roper
kidsmoke
ratso88
GhostBullet
8 posters
AuthorMessage
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

GRiSO into the remote wild Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO into the remote wild   GRiSO into the remote wild Icon_minitime1Mon May 01, 2023 1:18 am

Ok, maybe not that wild. But a ride into a remote Farming Station and beyond.
The largest station in New Zealand.   A place I would say you must travel to experience some awesomeness.

Bill Hagan, green guzzi, Richard and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO into the remote wild   GRiSO into the remote wild Icon_minitime1Mon May 01, 2023 4:07 pm

Very Nice

You know you're out there when you're out there!

I like your camp grill too.

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO into the remote wild   GRiSO into the remote wild Icon_minitime1Mon May 01, 2023 6:18 pm

Thanks. The grill is from Aliexpress, quite simple, and after a little practice, I think I finally got it cooking well it upcoming films 🍳😁
Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Biondino
Biondino
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO into the remote wild   GRiSO into the remote wild Icon_minitime1Mon May 01, 2023 7:02 pm

Brilliant.
Mighty GRiSO ADV

Loved the bird footage.

Dab some cotton balls in vaseline. Put em in a ziplock. No weight, no space, no mess. Perfect firestarters.They'll last in your kit for years. water resistant too.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO into the remote wild   GRiSO into the remote wild Icon_minitime1Mon May 01, 2023 7:39 pm

Even easier and less messy just take a couple of tampons. Hang 'em by the string into your petrol tank and let them swell for a minute or so absorbing fuel then haul it out and light the fire with it. Easy Peasy.

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO into the remote wild   GRiSO into the remote wild Icon_minitime1Mon May 01, 2023 10:20 pm

Another great adventure GB, thanks for posting!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

“Danger + Survival = Fun.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO into the remote wild   GRiSO into the remote wild Icon_minitime1Mon May 01, 2023 11:19 pm

I'm still worried about your mate's Sport. Has it been rollerised yet?

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO into the remote wild   GRiSO into the remote wild Icon_minitime1Mon May 01, 2023 11:23 pm

Yes, his has been done, covered by warranty when he bought it. 😁
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO into the remote wild   GRiSO into the remote wild Icon_minitime1Mon May 01, 2023 11:34 pm

Fabulous!
Back to top Go down
tinker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tinker

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO into the remote wild   GRiSO into the remote wild Icon_minitime1Mon May 01, 2023 11:37 pm

That looks great! Is the GRiSO ok going through fords rivers etc obviously not too deep? I would worry about water getting where it shouldn’t!
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO into the remote wild   GRiSO into the remote wild Icon_minitime1Mon May 01, 2023 11:39 pm

Thanks for sharing. What a journey !
Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO into the remote wild   GRiSO into the remote wild Icon_minitime1Mon May 01, 2023 11:41 pm

tinker wrote:
That looks great! Is the GRiSO ok going through fords rivers etc obviously not too deep? I would worry about water getting where it shouldn’t!

No troubles really, yeah so far nothing to deep. And so far no crossing fails.    fingers crossed it stays that way  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

tinker likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO into the remote wild   GRiSO into the remote wild Icon_minitime1Tue May 02, 2023 3:16 am

tinker wrote:

Only real issue will be the swingarm and shock linkage bearings. Unless they have been packed, and repacked, regularly they will get water in and rust, seize and cease to function.

Sadly, it's not a particularly good set up, it needs more maintenance than some, but since 95% of all bike owners never even think about swingarm and shock linkage bearings most CARC Guzzis out there are probably no better or worse than most other marques. Looking after them really pays benefits though.

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO into the remote wild   GRiSO into the remote wild Icon_minitime1Tue May 02, 2023 3:36 am

Totally agree Pete, my experience with the bearings last year proved that they can semi hold together for a long time. But when you do dismantle, everything falls apart, or is a right Prick to budge.

I'll deff have a look and regrease much sooner than later.
Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO into the remote wild   GRiSO into the remote wild Icon_minitime1Sat May 06, 2023 4:24 pm

The next film int his trek away. The GRiSO dash has kinda gone partially dead. But did not spell the end of the trip at least.

green guzzi and Richard like this post

Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO into the remote wild   GRiSO into the remote wild Icon_minitime1Sun May 07, 2023 2:15 pm

cool vids.. thanks

Pete, how often do you recommend re-greasing?

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO into the remote wild   GRiSO into the remote wild Icon_minitime1Sun May 07, 2023 3:03 pm

Depends on climate, distance and whether you do much riding in the rain. Once they are properly packed I'd say every two or three years or 20,000km would be safe but really it's a sort of 'Suck it and see' thing, it's so dependent on where and when you ride. It's water getting into them that kills 'em.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO into the remote wild   GRiSO into the remote wild Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO into the remote wild
Page 1 of 1